Fifty

Staring at Kiana's back as she laid in his sheets, Luca sighed to himself as he gently leant over and kissed her forehead, before getting up and leaving their room.

Yes, their room.

Their room which Kiana hadn't left in weeks.

Despite her very normal state of mind when she left the police station, she showered as soon as she got into the house and then she'd gone straight to bed that night. But the moment she woke up the next morning it was like she was a different person.

His once happy, stubborn, petty and dominant woman had changed. She'd become a shell of herself. Her voice had gone soft, barley audible when she'd answer a question, only responding in one word answers, her body grew limp and heavy, making her stay in bed all day and her eyes didn't shine as bright as they once did with that same fire in them that Luca loved.

Kiana, was in a depressive state and he didn't know what to do about it

Yes, she had warned him that this would happen and she couldn't do anything about it, nor did she want him to take care of her, but he hated seeing her like this. He hated being a factor of it. Being a reason, a cause of why she was so low. In such a bad state.

He hated that she felt like she had to kill for him.

Day in and day out, he'd greet her with a morning kiss, hoping that she'd be better but there was nothing. Nothing had changed. She was still stuck in that same mindset. Then he'd shower and get ready for the day, handling the family business, sometimes even having to leave the safe house, but not before kissing Kiana goodbye and telling her that he'd be back no matter what, she wouldn't be going to bed by herself.

He would never leave her alone in this world.

And that was a promise.

Luca didn't break his promises.

Once he'd go about his day, he'd return home and there'd be no change. The dinner that one of his maids had made her would be left untouched on the bedside table. They'd repetitively ask her to eat and she'd shake her head no, turning over in bed to avoid them. It wasn't until Luca got home, he'd get into the kitchen - making a dish, which he hadn't done in years. He'd then have to sit her up in bed himself, and feed her a few bites of the food to at least make sure she was eating and then allow her to go back to bed. She'd only get up to shower, that's all she would do. She'd shower. And it wasn't a quick shower, it was a log one, one of where one of the maids had said that she'd heard muffled cries. Kiana was crying in the shower.

She'd shower but it wasn't a normal shower. She'd scrub her skin raw. She'd make the temperature deathly hot. She would make it a room of hell, unbearable.

It was like she was trying to make everything go down the drain. To make the memories of it all go away. As if it could leave her memory.

He'd even broken his own rules and brought someone else to the safe house. To be exact, he brought Cassie and Tom over to the safe house for Kiana's sake, but even they couldn't cheer her up. Cassie had spent an entire day with Kiana, just trying to keep her company whether it was talking to her about her day, or watching TV, ordering the two of them a feast of food to binge on, none of it interested his woman and he hated it.

He hated how he couldn't do anything to help her out.

He'd even suggested that they finally all seal the deal and have their fun as the four of them and Kiana shook her head no, not wanting to be touched and Luca understood her wishes, realising that this was a very different Kiana from the woman who was ready for it to happen when he told her the morning after she'd stayed over at his for the first time ever.

It was so odd.

He tried to get Antonio round to make her laugh because despite her usually saying that Antonio annoyed her, she did like him deep down. Antonio made her laugh - occasionally, but nothing worked.

Trevor was another story. How was his meant to explain to T that his sister was in a depressive state and despite Luca saying that he loved her, he didn't know how to help her. He wouldn't hear the end of it from T, he'd give him so much shit, claiming that he barely knew Kiana. But that wasn't true, Kiana Davidson consumed him. She was his all.

All of his thoughts were consumed by Kiana. But not like they usually were, which was the idea of the next time he'd see her panting under him as she creamed on his dick, but instead about her well being, her mental health, her latest eating habits.

He had stopped drinking

He had stopped smoking

He had stopped stressing about everything, he just wanted to take care of Kiana

He needed Kiana to be well

He needed her to be his and then he'd be okay.

She was the one who made him okay

She was the one who kept him sane.