𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐬

OKSANA LETS HER EYES FALL SHUT, TAKING IN A DEEP BREATH AS SHE ENJOYS THE FRESH AIR THAT WHIPS STRANDS OF HER HAIR OVER HER FACE.

It's been a while since she's left the Shelby Residence and, albeit slightly unnerved by Tommy's sudden invitation to go out for a car ride with him and Charlie, she's happy she took him up on his offer. It feels nice to be out, the sun shining down on her cheeks and ridding any semblance of cold blowing in through the windows.

They've been driving for quite some time- almost an hour maybe- but she finds she no longer cares about their destination, and it seems the boys don't mind either.

Through the rearview mirror, she can see that Charlie's face is pressed up against the window, staring with a parted mouth and wide eyes at the fields they pass. He's a joy to be around in the car, a far cry from other children who like to throw things and suddenly get sick to their stomach. He's very content to simply disappear in his imagination and leave the adults be.

She glances subtly at Tommy who's been silent the entire ride, only saying seldom to Charlie when asked a question. She tries to remind herself that they're in the presence of a child or else she'd allow herself to feel the true intensity that courses through her at being so close to this man.

They haven't spoken about what happened a little over a week ago. They had said that night was a truce, and that's exactly what it ended up being. It's not that they're hostile to each other, or purposefully avoid being in the same room, but neither has made a move to discuss their late-night escapade.

Even better, he hasn't pried any further about what caused her sudden panic attack or why she was out in the freezing snow standing on a frozen lake. She's thankful but another part of her wishes that he would say something if only so she could turn the questioning back to him.

Why were there Russians at his party? Were they foreign diplomats? Business partners? Spies sent by Lenin to bring her home?

Worse, did Tommy lead them to her?

She was a tad paranoid for the following days after a party, but when nothing happened and no one came for her, she settled.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence? Perhaps it has absolutely nothing to do with her? It's not like the world revolves around her secrets.

She had been so ready to run that night, to do what she does best, but in the light of day, she had decided against it. She reasoned with herself that it would be rash of her to leave, knowing that a few more months here would secure her with enough money to go anywhere she wants.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with what happened between her and Tommy.

None.

It's not like that night has left a lingering wanting in her soul, a need that can't be extinguished, a fire that's been nurtured and is desperate to rage.

It definitely isn't because of the way he kissed her- gentle, demanding, understanding, hungry- or that he brought her the strongest and most powerful orgasm she's ever experienced.

She bites her lips as her eyes dart to his fingers that are wrapped around the steering wheel, reminiscing about how those slender and commanding digits had been inside her and touched her in a way she only thought was possible in her dreams.

No. Nope. It's not that at all.

She doesn't realize she's blatantly staring at his hands until he coughs under his breath, his lips quirking into something resembling a smirk. She flushes, having been caught red-handed, and clears her throat. "Where are we going?"