𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐧

Things get a little dark (and maybe a little kinky) but I think y'all will enjoy it. However, for those with triggers, read at your own risk.

"𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐭"

Song recommendation: 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐛𝐲 𝐦å𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧 

"LET ME TAKE YOU SOMEWHERE."

Tommy wants to smile at the ridiculous blush coating Oksana's pale cheeks. It took him a while to find her after speaking with Polly, and he was a bit surprised to see her spying on his sister and her husband.

Shame and embarrassment, she's full of it, and he plans on teasing her later for her sneakiness, but what he doesn't see is regret.

Polly thinks he's gone mad. She thinks that he's still not over Grace's death- he's not- and that he's been planning all these elaborate opportunities to drown himself in work. She went on and on about how idiotic it is to get involved with the Russians, how furious she is that she didn't know about his contact with Churchill, how he's once again managed to put them in a vulnerable position for his own selfish need of power.

She's convinced that he doesn't care for Oksana and hasn't thought through what this could do to her and her life.

Unfortunately, that is so bloody far from the truth.

He's thought of it- constantly, naggingly, obsessively- every day and every night since it first came to him. Drinking tea in the morning, he thinks about it. While he sorts his papers and attends to business, he thinks of it.

While he lays in her bed at night, her body tucked against his that spasm every now and then with lingering nightmares, he thinks about it.

His family's reaction was to be expected. They screamed first, refused to ask questions later, and looked at him as if they couldn't believe they still consider him family. Grissy was worried, but her worry was overshadowed by threats and pleas and curses. None of them can understand, none of them can visualize, and none of them simply care enough to try.

They are not his concern, not now. He always thinks of their well-being, but he can deal with them later. They'll come around, they always do, and they'll admonish him with their gratitude once things work out.

His true concern is whether Oksana was swayed by any of it.

She's imagined that people react badly to his ways, maybe heard a bit from Grissy if he had to bet, but she's never been present for something like this. He's not a man that feels fear, but he'd be lying if he said he isn't hesitant about broaching the subject. She wants to do this, but she's still skittish, always on the verge of running, and he can't describe how much it would rattle him to have her doubt.

When he doesn't see it, he lets out a sigh of relief.

"Let me take you somewhere," he repeats in a careful whisper, reaching out to grasp her wrist. "Unless you want to see what usually follows after a fight between them."