a night out with teacher

It's been about a month of playful banter with Draco, in text and in person. He hasn't seen him outside the school since the dinner party. He'd been figuring out how to casually mention that he and Ron were meeting their friends for drinks tonight... so he could invite Draco to come.

"Hey Teddy Bear!" Harry said, enveloping Teddy in a big hug. "How was your day?" Teddy smiled wide.

"It was the bestest! Mr. Draco said I did really good with my letters! I traced them, look!" Teddy held up a paper with his name traced, Harry had to admit that he did do a good job.

"That's awesome, Teddy!"

"I'm going to say bye to Stephanie, Papa!" Harry nodded and looked over at Draco, who was walking towards him.

"Hey, you." Harry said, causing Draco to smile.

"Hey yourself."

"How was he today?"

"Same as always." Draco said, sitting down in his desk chair. "One of my best students." Harry smiled and walked closer to his desk. Teddy came up behind him with his stuff, ready to go.

"Mr. Draco! Guess what!?"

"What's that, Teddy?"

"I get to spend the night at my grandma and grandpa's tonight!" Harry thanked Teddy silently for giving him an in.

"Oh really?" Draco asked. "That sounds like the best time!"

"Ron and I are meeting some old school friends for a drink or two." Harry said, grinning. "What are your plans? Do you want to join us?" Harry hoped that sounded casual, and not as though he'd been planning it in his head for over an hour.

"I actually don't have plans tonight... but I wouldn't want to impose."

"You should go, Mr. Draco! My Papa is always talking about you! He says he wants to see you!" Harry turned bright red and laughed awkwardly.

"I... er... well. It definitely wouldn't be an imposition." Harry said, working hard to stop his blushing. Draco had a smile on his face, one upturn of his lips and it would have been a smirk.

"I would love to come then." Draco said, standing up.

"That's awesome! Ron's meeting me at my place so we can drive together. We can swing by and get you around 6:30. Does that work for you?" Draco nodded with a beautiful smile. "Perfect. Text me your address." Harry and Teddy walked out of the classroom and Harry had to fight the urge to jump up and down like an excited child.

His phone dinged.

———

———

"H, honestly. You've looked good in everything you've tried on." Ron said exasperatedly. "Draco seems to like you no matter what you're wearing. Plus, it'll probably be on your floor later tonight anyway."