00:30

"You can't draw that on my arm," Clementine deadpanned, shoving her hand into Aaron's face and pushing him away.

"I don't see the problem in drawing a penis on your arm."

He scowled and capped his pen. The group was sitting at a table in a busy restraint in central London, swapping words over brunch. She sat with her head against Elijah's shoulder, holding her arm (which was unfortunately still held captive by a sling) out so that Aaron could write something sweet for her.

Unfortunately, she had grossly overestimated Aaron's maturity.

"Are you serious? I'm gonna have to ask you to repeat that sentence again and really listen to yourself," she stifled a grin. "Eat your prosciutto and try again when you've thought of something nice to write."

Aaron held his hands out in disbelief, eyes comically wide with outrage.

"It is a penis, Clementine, not a dead body."

"Hurry up, I wanna write something too," Roman jostled him with his arm.

"Fine," she rolled her eyes. "One penis. But a super small one. And draw it on the bottom so no one can see."

"What's the point if no one can even see it?" Aaron snapped.

"Do you want to draw the penis or not?" She demanded.

He scowled and gave in, quickly drawing while under Clementines watchful gaze.

"You guys excited to go to uni?" Ronan asked the table.

"Yeah, I guess," Aaron shrugged. "I don't know, I don't really care."

"I kinda don't want to leave our school. Like I know it's shit, but we've been there for so long," Levi frowned.

"I can't wait to leave," Clem sighed. "I'll be jumping up and down when we graduate."

"I don't know, I haven't thought about it," Elijah answered.

They fell into a slightly sad silence, loaded with the thought of separating from each other.

"Hey Clem, does your arm still hurt?" Levi tilted his head, his soft blond curls tumbling to the side.

She was grateful for the topic change. And then she realised what the topic was and wasn't that grateful anymore.

"It's okay, it only hurts when I move it too fast," she shrugged with a rueful smile. "Doctor said i'll be fine in a month."

Elijah's right hand wrapped around her back and smoothed up and down her arm.

"Tell me if it hurts," he said quietly. "You brought your Panadol right?"

"Eli."

"Yes or no?"

"Yes, your majesty, I brought the Panadol," she gave him a crooked grin. "Relax, I'm fine."

He shook his head and sighed, squeezing her further into his side. The table was quiet as they peered at the bandages on her skin and the fading bruises.

"I cant believe anyone would do that," Ronan sighed and placed his head in his hands. "And to a girl as well."

"Oh, come on guys," Clementine smiled. "Don't go soft on me now."

"I don't think you've processed what's happened yet, Clementine." Ronan frowned. "Do you understand how fucked up that was? I don't ever want to see you like that again."

"Ronan told us about it," Aaron said grimly.

"You were covered in blood and-"

"Ronan," Clementine cut in, frowning with distaste.