00:07

"It's messed up, that's what it is." Clementine scolded firmly as she applied hot pink varnish onto Ronan's blunt toenails. "You could've at least warned me, but you guys just went psycho and caused a scene."

She sat cross legged on the spare bed in her room, scolding the four, guilty-looking Aristocrats. They had just come back from their scolding at the office, in which her mother had most likely yelled at them and punished them with expulsion. Of course, it was common knowledge that she could not actually do anything other than a minor detention to punish them, as the school relied on the Aristocrats' donations. Clementine was 90% certain that the building that her mothers office was in was donated by Ronans father.

They had come out of their scuffle with Kieran fairly untouched, with Elijah emerging with a slight pink mark on his cheekbone and a cut on his upper lip. Ronan had only really banged up his knuckles as he preferred to use his fists rather than his legs when fighting, as his prosthetic leg proved to be difficult in situations like that. She spied a splotch of black ink on Aarons hair and pants, where Kierans ink vial had shattered and splattered. Levi was untouched, save for the blood encrusted under his fingernails.

"Go wash your hands, Levi." She wrinkled her nose in disgust. "You literally have blood drying under your nails, yuck."

Levi's eyes widened like a wounded puppy, but he sulked off to the bathroom to cleanse his skin.

"We were only trying to help you." Aaron huffed, sinking into her heavy bed covers. He fluffed up her pillow as if he owned the place.

Clementines swiveled her head to him in disbelief, pointing the nail polish brush at him like a weapon.

"Don't even get me started on you, Aaron!"

He flinched, mouth agape as he protested.

"That was so messed up, to just stomp on his belongings. Now what's he supposed to use for school?" She raised an eyebrow. "Four against one, are you proud of yourselves? That was an unfair fight, and you know that."

Aaron responded with a sulky mumble that sounded suspiciously like 'wasn't meant to be fair.' but didn't meet her eyes.

Elijah snorted.

Clementine glared at him.

"What, you think you're in the clear?" She scoffed.

His eyes widened, jaw dropping in disbelief.

Ronan sniggered.

"What did I do?" He snapped.

"What did you do?" Clementine repeated with disbelief. "What didn't you do, Elijah? You completely humiliated him in front of everyone. His poor face has been smashed in because of you. Violence isn't the answer, but apparently no one ever taught you that. Really, if i was your mother I would've smacked you silly."

Ronan blew air onto his nails, fanning the pink polish. Clementine capped the bottle and paced it on her bedside table, folding her arms as she crossed her bare legs.

"He shouldn't have put his hands on you." Elijah curled his lip stubbornly, blowing a lock of jet black hair out of his eyes.

His eyes flashed.

Clementine studied the bandage on her knee, smoothing it with her thumb. The edge was already peeling off and curling.

"Well, yes, but-"

"What was he even doing?" Levi interrupted, his almost invisible eyebrows furrowing. "I didn't know you were friends with him."

She bit her lip.