Getting Started

*So like in my other book, "In the Spotlight", this story will have an authors note at the beginning in bold. Once again, feel free to skip them, or see what I have to say about my writing.

Just saying, all my other chapters will be twice as long as this one, I have not gotten to the real fun yet! So don't lose faith! :)

Thank you so much Wattpad for helping me to create awesome stories! Please become a fan and vote me for me, and comment A LOT! I wil expect at least 3 comments from different people before uplaoding!

If you're the first person to comment on a chapter, you will get a chapter dedicated to you! And one tip... Votes and comments = a faster upload!! I hope you like it...*

Getting Started:

I threw my book at the wall nearest to me, giving up trying to read. Romeo and Juliet? No one is every going to love you that much. That whole book is absolutely fake.

I lay on my stomach, my forehead creased into a frown. I couldn't read my assigned book, it was annoying beyond belief. And I definitely couldn't go on the computer because mom was using it for work...

Sighing, I picked up my diary and grabbed a pen. Before I started writing, I looked at my latest entry.

I'm pretty sure I'm in love! I can't stop thinking about him, and he always makes my heart beat faster than usual. Tonight is the dance, and I can't wait! Maybe we'll have our first kiss...

I read the entry from yesterday, and the tears came. I was so wrong about what would happen. Instead of a kiss... I cried harder.

"Sweetheart, is everything OK?" My mom called from downstairs. "I heard a loud thump... Did you throw something?"

"I just, um, knocked over my lamp. But it's not broken." I added hurriedly.

I looked at my journal again, being careful not to let tears to smear the ink. Me and my stupid emotions. I decided that there must be something to do to get him to like me again. However, he was my first crush. How does this even work?

I sighed and reached for the phone. Maybe I could call him, and tell him how I feel? I put the phone back onto its charger. That's only something you would do in a movie! Besides, a phone call would not solve this mess. It would take something more.

I thought about all the romance movies I had seen. Why was it that the girls life was always perfect, she had all the boys just waiting to catch her whenever she faints, and the hot guy would always fall for her? Apparently life is not that simple.

And that's when it hit me. There was once this movie I saw, and the girl narrated how to get a boy to like you! I decided I would come up with my own plan to get my crush to like me. I could follow it, and hopefully it would work...

After a few seconds of thinking, I wrote down the things I thought that would be the steps to success:

Step 1: Talk to him. Ask him if you're still friends. If you are, talk to him a lot and get close before go to step 3. If not, go to step 2.

Step 2: Say that you're really sorry that you fought last year and that its been really hard to stay mad at him... or something that sounds less cheesy. Then ask if you can be friends again. Repeat until he says yes!

Step 3: Have some of your friends "force" you to dance with him at the next school dance and make sure it's a slow song! Don't act like you like him a lot, but let him know that you could get to like him even more...

Step 4: Next time you see him, tell him that the dance was really fun, and blush . Don't mention the part where you danced with him, but give him the idea that it's what you're talking about.

Step 4: Around now he should start to realize that he still has feelings for you. Try to drive the relationship from "friends" to "boyfriend and girlfriend"

Step 5: Give him a chance to tell you how he really feels about you, and then tell him that you loved him from the start!

Step 6: Get married!

I looked it over, then erased step 6.

Perfect. Now all I have to do is get him to like me! Which is going to be pretty hard...