Step 4: Game Over

Hey! OK, I'm really excited about this chapter... It kind of changes the plot a little, but I know you won't mind. In fact, you'll probably like it better! As well as that, I'm changing the names of some chapters so that there aren't any Part 2's. 

**Suggestions for a cast would be greatly appreciated!**

Short and sweet huh? :) Well, a not so sweet part... I've been very disappointed in the lack of votes and comments for both of my stories. I am definitely going to continue to write this and "In the Spotlight", but whether I post the newest chapters to Wattpad is up to you.

Make sure to read the end of this, because there is, finally, the long awaited... OK, I won't spoil it, but I will hint that a lot of crowd pleasing events happen! :)

OK, enough with the serious part, here is...

Step 4: Game Over

"Jake, wait up!" I said, and I grabbed his hand, trying to stop him from leaving like the rest of the kids. "We need to talk."

"Natalie! Man, where were you? I thought something happened!"

"I'm really, really sorry. Something came up and..."

"It's okay, don't worry your pretty little head about that. Oh, excuse me for a second." He turned to one of his friends.

"Hey!"

"Hey! Whatcha up to?" his friends inquired.

Jake lowered his voice, although I could still hear him. "Talking up Natalie here. You know she's single now, and I got her under my spell." 

I tried not to roll my eyes at his attempt to be cool as his friend laughed and gave him a high five.

"Sorry, gotta go," he said, and I quickly pretended to be studying my nails as he faced me again.

"Sorry, sweetie," he said, and as we got pushed outside by the mobs of people, he took my hand, intertwining our fingers. His sweaty palm felt nothing like you-know-who's. You-know-who's palm sent shivers up and down my body. 

I was getting nervous. Yeah, Jake was nice, but I didn't want him to think that we were going to, like, go out together. I mentally shouted at Vita for getting me into this mess. I couldn't be in a relationship knowing you-know-who liked me. It would just be cruel. 

Before I knew it his arm snaked around my waist and we were separated from the crowd, alone.

"Listen Jake, I really need to go..."

"Not before a goodbye kiss..." Jake said slyly as he pulled me closer to him. I looked up at his face, a smirk playing across his lips.

"Jake, I like you, I really do. But... I can't like you like that. I'm really sorry," I told him, my eyes studying the ground like it was the most interesting thing here.

"What? Naw, Natalie, you like me! Come on, go out with me!"

"I'm sorry, I can't."

He pressed our bodies together. "Maybe I'll have to make you change your mind," he said, and he leaned in toward me, his arm tightening more around my waist. Protectively. There was no way out.

"Now kids, let's not get inappropriate. Come on, a few inches apart. There, scurry away!" I heaved a sigh of relief as Ms. Goldman pulled us apart. I made a mental note to thank her later.

"I've got to go. I can't be here with you. Sorry." The look of hurt on his face was too much to bear, and I fled away until I reached Ava's car, my thoughts completely revolving around you-know-who.