Step 2: Wait

• Dedicated to Anne

This is dedicated to my friend Anne who, although she doesn't have a Wattpad account, continuously tells me that I'm doing awesome! Thank you so much for telling me I write like a professional!

Wow, once again there were tons of answers to my question! Thanks! Your answers also give me ideas for the plot and characters, which helps me to upload faster! I will be gone for a week, so please don't get impatient, I don't have Internet where I'm going! See my message on my profile to learn about my summer situation!

PLEASE answer the question at the end of the chapter, and COMMENT! I look at who's reading this story, and I only see 4 out of 10 of you commenting! Why?? VOTE as well! I know you might forget to do one or both, but when you do I lose your opinion on this chapter! At least 8 comments from different people and 8 votes! You can do this, I'm giving you a week! Thanks for your support!

Thank you times a million to SawyerIsabel12 for editing this and being an awesome supporter! She edits, she writes, she comments, and she is just a great person. She was the one who inspired me to write this. If you love this story, please do me a favor and check out her stories and comment on her Message Board to thank her for this idea! She gets all the credit! Thank you to the many people who fanned me, and for the characters they created. Here they are:

Kazzy_R for creating Karen
LoveForeverAfter
for creating Amaya
redpeace9
for creating Eve
Strawberry_Dream
for creating Hannah

Thank you guys! You all are such dedicated readers! Thank you most importantly for reading this and supporting me! Here is...

Step 2: Wait

"So, I could just stop now, right?"

I was in the middle of having an argument with myself. On one hand, the plan was to help me get You-know-who back as my boyfriend. However, I got him to like me, and that was good, right?

"No, of course you can't stop now, you have to dance with him!" Some little voice in my head said. I reached for my diary and opened it up to the page with the steps on it.

Step 2: Say that you're really sorry you fought last year and that it's been really hard to stay mad at him... or something that sounds less cheesy. Then ask if you can be friends again. Repeat until he says yes!

Well, I had already gotten him to like me, so I could go on to step 3.

Step 3: Have some of your friends "force" you to dance with him at the next school dance and make sure it's a slow song! Don't act like you like it a lot, but let him know you could get used to it...

My plan was falling apart. The next dance was in 2 weeks! How was I supposed to wait that long? So much could happen in fourteen days!

I crossed out that step two, and wrote something new:

Step 2: Wait.

Pretty pathetic, but it was what I had to do!

"Hey Natalie! Are you still looking at what might have been?" Zoe walked into my room laughing to herself, and I quickly shut the small book before she could see what was inside it. 

"Um, Natalie, can I ask you a question?" Zoe asked me, and it almost sounded like she was afraid of what was coming next.

"Sure. What is it?" I asked her, a little suspicious.

"Well, it's just that... did you actually like Derek? Because all my friends are convinced that you were just dating him to be popular! I told them you weren't, but they didn't believe me. Now they're mad at me about it because they think I'm lying on your behalf! So now I'm pissed at them!"