Texting Anonymous

Texting Anonymous

Homework took longer than it should have, and by the time I finished, all I wanted to do was curl up and do nothing. However, as soon as I hit "print" on the computer, Zoe burst into the kitchen where I was doing homework.

"Natalie! I need the computer! Give it to me!" She yelled at me, rolling her eyes as I gave her a confused look. "I have homework to do, and all you're doing is..." She looked over at me screen and saw I was, in fact, doing homework. "When will you be done?"

"I don't know, I have some stuff that's due a couple days from now that I should do..." I trailed off.

"Natalie!"

"Fine! What's got you so obnoxious?"

"You're obnoxious attitude must be rubbing off on me." Zoe retorted as she took a seat at the computer.

I made my way into the living room, and, finding the remote, turned on the TV. The channel was turned to Disney Channel, and there was a rerun of Hannah Montana on. I watched eagerly because, despite the show being meant for younger kids, I had a secret fascination with it. Not even Ava knew about that, and now that she's plotting against me, I don't think she ever will.

The episode they were playing was one I had already seen, but I still laughed at all the cheesy jokes said by the characters. The show finished after half an hour, and only then did I finally drag myself off of the couch to go ask my mom when dinner was ready.

After dinner, I ran up to my room and sprawled on my bed. How was it that, after doing next to nothing all day, I was still tired? At least the next day was Saturday, that meant that I could do whatever I wanted. That also meant that technically I could have put off my homework... Well that's annoying.

Because it wasn't a school night, I normally got to stay up later to watch a movie or something. So, I went downstairs and decided to turn on the TV again. I changed the input and chose one of my favorite movies, Princess Bride. Karen had forced me to watch it with her, like she had for most movies I've grown to love. She was very sure of herself when it came to just about everything, yet for some reason she was actually right 99% of the time.

Zoe suddenly came into the room and grabbed the remote. "Hey!" I yelled to her. "Give it back right now! I'm watching something!" I said, pointing to the screen.

"Nope. I'm good. We're watching She's the Man. It's a way better movie."

"Zoe! Stop it! You idiot!"

"Hey!" My mom suddenly yelled from the kitchen. "I don't know what the heck is going on in there, but one more complaint and the TV gets shut down."

"Mom, she's the one who grabbed the remote!" I yelled, trying to take the remote back from my sister.

"What the... Natalie stop it! That hurts!" Zoe screeched. My mom stalked into the room and pressed the power button on the TV.

"No! Mom, I'm watching something!" I said, releasing the remote to send Zoe flying onto the couch.

"I told you girls to behave!" She said simply, and walked away.

"Oh, I am so sorry I asked Zoe to be stupid. While I'm at it, I should apologize that the Earth is moving. I probably caused that too." I said sarcastically, slumping down on the couch.

"Excuse me? I can take away television for the week if you'd like." My mom said.

"I didn't do anything!" I shouted at her.

"Well now you are most certainly not watching anything today. Zoe, if you would like, at 8:30 you may watch a show downstairs. Just one." Mom said. I checked the clock, it was 8:17.