Chapter 20: Heartbroken Damon

2 Days Later...

We’re only gettin’ older, baby
And I’ve been thinkin’ about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy?
Just how fast the night changes?
Everything that you’ve ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there’s nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you...

Damon was in his car listening to his favorite song, ‘Night Changes’ by One Direction. It was a red Porsche 911 Turbo 11 and he and his girlfriend, Phoebe Charles. A 20-year-old college student studying Financial economics while Damon was in the final year of the business school. They’d been in the relationship in a couple of months now and they just hanged out with some of his college friends. Phoebe was a fair lady with honey-blonde hair.

As it is, Damon love girls with blonde hair. They look especially attractive and very appealing. Soon, Damon got to the hotel at Shangri-la Hotel, where he lives. Although his vision was almost a blur, Damon pulled out of his seats while he helped his girlfriend to stand erectly. She had a white off-shoulder shirt and ripped Jean shorts with black-ankle, leathered boots, which made her look even sexier as she rested her dizzy head on his shoulder, snoring. Phoebe was tall enough to reach his shoulders.

“Aww! You sure had a lot of champagne.” He muttered, noticing how cute she looked.

As another soft snore poured out of her lips, Damon blushed and wrapped his arm around her. They dragged their lazy legs into Shangri-la Hotel, at The Shard, London SE1 where he’s been living for a couple of years back.

Getting out of the elevator, Damon placed his magnetic key card at the door card reader and the door swiped open. Phoebe find her way to the bathroom while Damon walked to the fridge to grab a bottle of water to drink. He still felt thirsty after drinking a lot.

Just then, he realized the television was still on. He must have left it on while rushing to meet up with his friend in ATIK night club. After gulping in an amount of water, he reached for the remote control by the side of the bed stand. Phoebe, who was half asleep, took off her clothes, leaving only her strapless bra and g-string pant on. She rolled into bed, already sleeping, while Damon took off his black leathered jacket and threw it on the sofa before joining his girlfriend.

Damon was light-head as well. He was about to turn off the noisy television when his blur vision saw the face of his parent. He wiped off his sight with the reels of his eyes and widened his eyes to see clearly.

Just then, the reporter called their names, and Mr. Jeremy Davis and Mrs. Elvira Young Davis were also involved in the plane crash on Friday, 29th.

Damon shook up his giddy head and moved closer. Then, he read the headlines and realized that must have been the plane they took off with. He grabbed his phone and called Aunt Diane, who was now married to a renowned actor in Paris. He called to ask if she had heard the news, but she was dumbfounded as well. Damon took off his dark shades and brogue, pissed off by the devastating news.

“No... No! This can’t be happening. It must be a dream.” Damon cried into reality.

“Dammy.... What is it?” Phoebe's hand crawled into Damon's half-bottomed shirt. His sudden cry must have woken her up.

“Aren’t you sleepy? It’s 1:00 a.m already.” Her baby-like voice murmured, worriedly.

“My parents... I just lost my parents in a plane crash.” His voice cracked up at the words. A small lump of hurt feelings settled in Damon’s throat, but he swallowed it resolutely. Just now, he realized what he feels to be an orphan. What it feels to lose one’s parents, the both of them.