Chapter 21: Healing

"Damon... What happened last night? I can't remember." Phoebe started. She had had a bath and prepared for the day while Damon raised his head from the couch he had crashed on.

On her was a yellow mini wrap-dress with her ankle-lathered boots.

"Aww! Are you going somewhere?" Damon stretched and narrow his sore eyes at her. She was picking up the empty wine bottles and arranging the place.

"Yes, it's Tuesday, remember? I have to visit the salon and the spa shop. I might meet my friend later, so it's possible I spend the night with Samantha." She replied. Noticing the silence, Phoebe went back to Damon.

"Is everything alright? I remember you were crying about something. What happened last night?"

"My parents... They were involved in the plane crash." he murmured, remembering what last night was like.

"Oh, my... I'm so sorry about that." she looked really sad as the edge of her lips pulled down. "No wonder you drank so much. Are you going to go home?"

"Yes. Probably by weekend. I need to go home." Damon mouthed.

"What about our trip to Dubai? Is it canceled or postponed?" she moved closer to him with worry written all over her face.

"I'm not interested in traveling, okay? No more trip, I'd go to California. You can come with me if you want to!" He pointed out.

"Is it because of your parents?" Phoebe pouted her lips in innocence and gently placed her hand on his bare chest. "Too bad, I'm going to miss this one time opportunity. We've planned this for months and now, it's off.... Just like that?"

She ended up staring into his eyes while they shared an eye contact.

"Please... Don't change your mind now." She wrapped her arm around him and pressed. Hoping he would change his mind about changing his mind. "I'd bought a new camera for our first vacation together. I know it's not so important right now, but at least, think about it. This could be an opportunity to get over the sad thoughts, don't you think?"

She traced her index finger on his square-jaw and leaned closer as she persuaded. About to place a kiss, he felt like regurgitating and pulled her away by the arms.

"What's it?" She raised a slim eyebrow, pulling closer.

Suddenly, the withheld puke poured out of his mouth, splashing on her body.

"What the fuck?!" Phoebe gave out a desperate suspire while her jaw dropped in shock.

"I'm so sorry!" Damon rolled his eyes at her and got up from the couch without saying anymore word. He rushed into the bathroom to get a bath and clean up himself while Phoebe gently pulled out her dress and tied a towel.

Curiosity clouded her eyes while she folded her arms on her chest, worriedly. "I'd make sure our trip isn't canceled. Even if it's the last thing I do." She said to herself with determination.

Five days later, Damon and his friends went to the airport. He was scared throughout the flight, but with his friends by his side, there was little to worry about. Carrying the burden with a heavy heart, Damon celebrated his twenty-second birthday with his friends, and from Dubai, flew back to California.

In months' time, they introduced Damon to all the nooks and cronies from Smith, Inc. while he became the Chief executive officer. Damon took responsibility for Ava Dior's tuition fees. After high-school, he enrolled her at Harvard University where she studied business management. She was a bright student, as it is. All she wanted was to be a successful businesswoman like her mother. She studied really hard and was nicknamed 'the nerd' because she always had books around her and gigantic reading glasses on her face.