27

Word Count: 1650

~Vaela

I stare up at the ceiling, my mind entirely numb.

"That was..." I draw off.

Hale leans on his side, looking over me. "Intense?"

"Yeah, yeah it was," I breathe. My body is still reeling, struggling to piece together the state it was in before Hale thoroughly wrecked it.

He did it so effortlessly too, stoic and unbothered the entire day. He's thought about this, I can tell. I'm not sure for how long, but he's considered what he would do to me the moment I came to want him.

"I know," he murmurs.

"That's why you made me wait?" I sweep my hair back through my sweaty hair, noting the devious glint in his eyes.

"Worth it?"

I nod numbly. "I think so."

"Good girl."

"If you can do that with just your fingers on just the outside of my clothes..." I break off, unsure if I can even conceptualise such a situation. Not once did our skin brush, yet that was an overwhelming experience.

His jaw clenches slightly, and he looks down to where my fingers fidget with the edge of the sheet. "Let's hope your mate has my talents."

Exhaling, I sink deeper into my pillow, covering my eyes with my forearm.

I'm meant to be finding my mate, and yet I allowed another man to bring me pleasure.

"Ugh, don't remind me," I groan.

"We will find them," Hale assures me gently, although I'm not entirely convinced he wants me to.

I twist, leaning up in my elbows. "You should know that this isn't happening again. You're not my owner, and you're not going to...to put me through that."

The heat of the moment, he demanded I admit I was his. I'm not, and yet in that moment I truly felt as though I was.

His eyes glitter. "But you liked it."

"Doesn't matter, it's not right."

Hale stretches, resting his head back on his hands. "Oh, it's right."

I roll onto my elbows, looking down at him. "I don't think my mate will like it when I tell him I've been pinned to a counter top by a pureblood while my release was dragged out by an entire day just for his amusement."

"And your pleasure," he adds.

"Not the point."

"Don't tell him them," he shrugs. I roll my eyes. As if it's that easy.

I stab him in the chest with my index finger, narrowing my eyes. "Oh, and I don't belong to you."

The smile that plays on his lips deserves to be wiped off in some violent fashion. "Funny what you'll say when I'm in control of your release."

I knew better than to utter an agreement to him, even in the moment, and yet I still did. For that beautiful, fleeting moment, it felt good to be someone's, to be his. I would never admit that to him, instead tucking it away into the depths of my mind.

"I can't be held accountable for my actions in that instance." I stuff my head into the pillow, voice muffled.

Hale waits until I'm looking back up at him, appearing on the border of seriousness and amusement. "I know you don't belong to me, Vaela. But when your under me, and moments away from release, you are mine."