CHAPTER 6: River

It had been days since the Mafia had attempted to attack members of their agency to kidnap Atsushi, and DAA discovered heroine's powers and made heroine a part-time member of agency.

You'd think she'd be out on the field solving case. That guess couldn't be more wrong.

Rampo had thrown complaints and would t do a case with simply Atsushi he wanted his new friend to come along too. Complied to his request and surprise of the girl, she found herself with a bag of snacks for the train ride with Ranpo and Atsushi.

Depsite being a genius, even geniuses had their limitations, and Ranpo's had to be he was terrible at catching transport. Relied on others to help him with catching a train or driving him aeound. Hence, he explained why he was always on foot most of the time.

Since accidental discovery, they shared love of Kochi treats, he had dubbed her best friend despite recently becoming work acquaintances.

Wouldn't that out a target on her back. Yes, yes, it would. Suppose to be laying low and draw little attention to herself.

What about her job with a lovely tea shop owner? Rayne had allowed new employees to take a day off to assist with the case. However, once she returns, work her like a horse. Silent sweatdropped.

The president thought it would be a good experience for his two newest employees to see Ranpos' detective skillset at work. And help.

She wanted to tell Atsushi he wasn't an ability user but a normal human, but intelligence surpassed average and smartest human. It may as well be an ability.

But at the same time, she wanted her new friend to figure it out for himself. Besides, she was curious what it would be like to see Ranpo in action first perspective instead of through television screen for a change. Good leaening experience.

Ranpo and her savour treats , Atssuhi asked about the case. Explain along the way that they received a request from police department certian part of the city for Ranpo help. Murder case.

She stuck close to Ranpo, not wanting to be separated or lost. She reached the shores of the nearby river. Area had been sealed off with police tape, policemen, and detectives. Approached the table.

Wouldn't let citizens pass the point.

In a small way, she was glad she received the classic ADA women uniform consisting of a black skirt, white ling sleeved top, stockings, boots, and jacket. Distinguished her apart from average civilian.

She drew out a badge with a smile and flashed it to the policeman.

"Oh hiyo gentlemen, I'm Miss. (last name), a member of Detective Arms Agency. I'll be assisting Ranpo and other members in this case today. I'll be in your care."

Their jaws literally dropped. Young woman with beautiful foreigner with facial features and smile.

The badge was legit.

Allow them through.

Deposit heaving seen episode and manga scene several times, that cop shouted suspiciously wanting unusual interest in the case, as if he had something to hide.

Caught something in fishing net.

It quite a catch indeed. A certain brown haired young man with brown hair wearing a drenched trench coat and body of a dead woman. He didn't need reviving.

The police wondered if a dead woman could be revived

. Sorry to tell you, Dazai-san. The woman is deathly white and unresponsive. She's dead as a corpse.

But she kept it to herself, choosing instead to pull a towel from the sidebag she'd brought along and held out for Dazai.

"Here. I think you need it." He took it from her.

"Arigato, belladonna." He used it to drain water from his hair and face.

Got to admit it, he kind of looks hot with damp hair.

As if he knew she was looking at him, Dazai side glanced at her and winks. Her cheeks blush, think. Busted.

There was a weapon in the water.

Dazai hovered close to Ranpo as he used super deduction to gather evidence and deduct what happened. Even in person, it was incredible.

Two lovers and a flash drive. The woman was onto her secret love involvement in illegal activity. The guy loved her but couldn't risk the leak getting out of his corruption, and the employee would have his head of didn't destroy the usb drive. Shot her by accident and dumped the body in the river before destroying the sub drive and contacting the individual.

Ranpo revealed the culprit to be nome other than the new cop. He had a single bullet left. Desperate, he grabbed the closest person to use as hostage and leverage, pressing a gin against the temple of young woman, threatening to put it through her head of anyone attempted to move.

She's never been hostage before but looked calmly ahead. Deep down She was terrified, in her old life never had situation before but trusted Dazai and Atsushi handle it.

The next thing she knew, the guy was Tackled from the side, away from the girl, and was pushed to the ground hard, the cops on him instantly, putting hand behind his back and tied with handcuffs. Then, she shoved into the back of a cruiser.

The person sent him to do a job, find out and come for him.. Ranpo could onky shrugged.

"Nothing more we can do about it, out of our hands. "

Job well done.

As he returned to the train station back, Dazai and Astushi were talking Ranpo ahead. Revealed he's only human. Without him, the agency wouldn't exist.

Ranpo asked to catch up with him and heroine or leave them behind, as he wanted to go to a store on the wag home.

Dazai took he he and in his and pulled to join the two. She secretly felt warmth within her chest and smiled.

End of Chapter 6.