11. i bet you think about me

"3 a

"3 a.m. and i'm still awake, i'll bet you're just fine."

Jocelyn stared ahead, holding her sister's hand as Pope and JJ carved John B's memorial on a tree. She had been told the truth about the gold by her sister a couple of days after the disaster. She didn't said a word tho, only held her tightly as she sobbed. That was until she finally felt asleep, and that became some short of daily routine for them "To John B." JJ held out his beer.

Kiara glanced at him briefly, speaking in a weak tone "And to Sarah." She then glanced at Pope, the three by her side taking a sip of their drink. Then, they kneeled to dug a small box they had with things that reminded them of the lost ones. Jocelyn looked at JJ, who nodded once at her. They were becoming close, as both lost their best friends. One was dead and the other acted like it.

Literally.

Evelyn left yet another one of her physiologist appointments. The death of her sister and the truth about the gold consuming her, Ward thought telling her would be a smart choice. She believed otherwise. Her hands tugged her hair back as she began the walk to her house. She didn't like to take her car anymore, enjoying the music on her ears as she wasted time in walking around. If you looked at her, and knew her, you would say that she didn't look the same. Monica, her boss, barely knew her and even she knew there was something wrong with her. Lynn stopped walking, needing to cross the street but couldn't because the cars had green light. She took a deep breath as cars continued to pass. If she putted one foot forward, just one, what would happen? If she just took a couple of steps forward and-

"Hey, are you ok?" A random girl told her.

"Uh, yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

The girl arched an eyebrow "It looked like you were going to walk into the middle of traffic."

Evelyn looked forward, and realised how closer she was than before. Taking several steps back, she walked away before sharing another word with the random girl. She needed to call Wheezie and calm down, but she was with the rest of the family at Peterkin's funeral.

JJ pulled up to the Carrera's household, knowing Kiara was with Pope and the parents were working. He left his bike on the front door, not caring about throwing it to a side as he stormed inside of the house, Cosmo following him around. Jocelyn was cleaning some records as he entered her room, closing the door "I was fired, again! Because I defended John B. And I-I can't breath Joe. My heart is literally aching. And all I can think about is how much I need her right now and I don't even know if she's alive or not."

Jocelyn's eyes widened, leaving her records behind and helping him sit on her bed "Hey, buddy. I think you're having a panic attack." He looked up at her, waving her off.