17. end game

"i don't wanna miss you

"i don't wanna miss you."

Evelyn ignored the boys partying inside of the Château, approaching her sister with a small smile as she sat on her own "Hey, S." She said softly as she sat down in front of her. Sarah gave her one of the fake smiles she wore that day, not fooling her like she did the rest "How are you holding up?"

Sarah chewed on the inside of her cheek "Do you regret it?" She whispered, not wanting the others to know.

Her older sister looked down "She's a bad man, but he's still our dad. It's normal to feel this way, Sarah." Off her furrowed eyebrows, she continued "I know you might feel guilty and stuff, I do too. And their happiness doesn't help." They glanced back to watch the people on the inside, the three boys cheering as the Carrera sisters had a private conversation. Both blonde girls sighed at the sight of the person they loved being happy about Ward "Our family is broken, for good. There's nothing to feel guilty about." She turned back to Sarah, who nodded slightly before hugging her.

"Thank you for being the best old sister I could ask for. I love you." She whispered, trying hard not to sob.

Evelyn kissed her head "Thank you for being the best younger sister I could ask for besides Wheezie. I love you." Sarah chuckled at the mention of their youngest sister before frowning, pulling away to see her sister doing the same.

"We're going back home, right? With her?" Evelyn didn't know, but still nodded for her sister. Sarah let out a breath of relief at that, smiling at Kie as she came to them. Evelyn stood up, leaving the two alone before leaning on the doorway of the house. She watched JJ drink with his friends, his happy face contrasting her sorrowed expression. Lynn understood why the Pogues were so happy, but didn't think it was the right moment. Was that the Kook inside of her telling her what of a red flag that was? Or was it the Cameron DNA?

Jocelyn approached her with a blank face "Sorry for that." She said, nodding slightly to the boys. JJ locked eyes with Evelyn, standing up to tell her to join them when Sarah interrupted with her phone in hand.

"They're going to get Ward." They immediately got into the Pinkie, JB and her on the front with the rest in the back. Evelyn sulked in a corner, JJ watching her confused. He did tell John B he was worried about her and Sarah, as Ward was their father, but he grew more as she didn't look at anyone in the eye.

"Shit." Kie whispered as police officers passed by them in a hurry. For Evelyn it felt like a clock ticking, slowly reaching the end of something. She didn't know what yet.

"Oh my God. Can you please hurry? Lynn and I need to be there for Wheezie." Sarah told her boyfriend, who only stared ahead as he answered.