16. out of the woods

"are we out of the woods?are we in the clear yet?"

are we in the clear yet?"

Evelyn used the bike she hadn't be using in years, the one her father bought when she said she wanted one, then used it twice and forgot about it. She was hitting the pedals hard, needing to meet with JJ quickly before trying to find Sarah. The boy was waiting on the ambulance, the sky already dark. He was surprised when she arrived on the pink bike with glitter, trying not to laugh "What is that?"

"I don't have much time to talk. I know I said we would do this together but I think Sarah's in danger. I gotta find her, ok? I'm so sorry."

His eyes widened, not being the slightest pissed off "Of course, go find her. I'll get JB." She smiled, begging to pedal again "Good look!"

"Same to you!" He leaned back on his seat, cursing under his breath as he waited for the time to be up. He glanced to see her figure becoming smaller, causing him to frown. She would always put Sarah first, and he would always put John B first. What if they broke up? What would happen to them then? Nah, he shrugged it off. John B and Sarah got married on their own, they were completely in love. There was no way something could get between them. He worshiped their relationship, and hoped his got to that point where the only thing you can think about it's how much you love that person. No matter what.

Evelyn didn't know what to do. She had roamed all the streets, everywhere. She was everywhere. But it wasn't enough to find her sister. The last place to look was the docks, if she didn't find her there she was going to give up. She found Topper, who was tying his own boat "Hey, have you seen Sarah or Rafe?" He frowned, not having talked with who used to be his best friend for a long time. He was about to reply when they heard someone shouting, sharing a glance before running in that direction.

The blonde girl stepped back in shock, stopping Topper before grabbing the first thing she could. She hit Rafe in the back of his head, causing him to fall. He stopped drowning Sarah, but she was still underwater. Quickly, her older sister caught her, not caring about getting her clothes wet when it came to the life of her sister. Topper got on top of Rafe, ironically, and punched him in the face "If you ever touch her again... If you ever touch one of them again, I'm gonna kill you. You got that?" He punched him again while the sisters leaned their foreheads together "You got that, Rafe?" Topper stood up, kneeling in front of the girls "Sarah, are you okay? Can you breathe?" She didn't reply, forcing him to join the sister's hug. It felt weird, being the three of them again, but under that circumstances it didn't matter that much.

"I'll make you some hot chocolate when we get there, all right?" Evelyn whispered to her sister, who was wrapped in a towel as Topper drove his boat. She nodded, receiving some warm drink Topper handed her.