1 - Prologue

Somehow, there was she... back at Under the Mountain. The background buzz told her it was another of Amarantha's hateful nights. Raven felt her chest tightening as she looked at her dress.

The purple fabric is transparent... Her inner parts weren't showing only because of the underwear set covering her breasts and between her legs, in a very provocative way and she hated every single part of it.

Across the room, she could see Rhysand, Night Court's High Lord, with the human girl Feyre on his lap. Her eyes were glassy and Raven knew Rhys had put some forgetful powder in her drink.

Rhys' eyes met Raven's for only a second, like a warning for her to keep alert. That soon would be over, he promised her a few days ago, but she didn't dare to have hope.

"Come with me, sweetie..." the voice she hated the most whispered in her ear, trying to sound sensual.

The High Fae didn't wait for an answer, he didn't have to. His breath smelled like wine when he grabbed her arms and dragged her out of the room. And that has been Valerie's night, for almost 50 years.

He didn't wait to reach the side door to start putting his hands around her body. The crowd around them didn't even look in their direction, used to that happening every night.

After beeing sold by her own father to the fae who were guiding her Under the Mountain, every single night was a true nightmare for Raven. The deal she was forced to accept, she was tied to him.

Because of his big position in Autumn Court, the fae asked for the merchant man's daughter as a payment for his debt. And there she was.

If she tried to rebel or escape, she'd die right away. That was the deal and the ink in her leg was a reminder of that. Raven was a trophy for him, the one who he could use whenever. There was no solution for that, no one could help her.

She lived like that because of her father... Raven was born with a very unusual beauty, but what was even more different was her voice...

Her voice was known all around the Autumn Court and with that, her father's ambition expanded. Mantic was one of the most powerful High Faes in that Court, the High Lord's cousin, and took her for his own pleasure with no problem.

He pressed her against the empty hall's wall. Her head hitted the stone, but Raven kinda liked it. It was something to grab until she managed to go to that part in her mind where nothing else seemed real anymore, like she was not even there.

Mantic never meant to be kind to her, not even tried. Every single night, he used to left her hurt in her room and this time would not be different.

He grabbed and pulled her hair, making her back pressing his chest. With that, Raven got ready...

The clock beeped and Raven woke up. Her heart was running like crazy, in an almost hurting way, and her body was soaking wet. It was just a nightmare... a very real nightmare about a memory from months ago...

__________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hi guys! This is the first chapter of my new fanfic, hope you like it. Also hope you fall in love with Azriel and his mate just like me!

As you could see, Raven's story was  hard and could have a lot of triggers, so be careful. This a story of healing, but it's never easy...

Please, let me know your opinion in the comments. Thank you!