Chapter 4: Risking

She had never worn anything like the pieces of clothing Nesta gave her. Raven's clothes in the past were... She didn't even know how to explain.

The basic jeans and black long sleeve shirt were so much better, she thought to herself while tying her new shoes. Raven looked at herself through the old mirror Clotho gave her.

The female that looked back at her was so much different than the others 'selfs' Ravens she's seen before. She was scared as hell, but at the same time she wanted it.

Raven understood she'd be surrounded by people she trusted, so took a big deep breath, grabbed the black jacket and left her room.

___________

A smiling Rhysand was waiting for her at the sparring ring. There was so much happiness in his face that made Raven laugh.

"Not that this is not one of my favorite scenes right now, but why are you shining, Rhysand?", it was his turn to let out a laugh. Seeing him like that meant a lot for her.

He opened his arms and hugged her. "I really wanted to be the one who took you to your first night out, like a big brother", Rhys was being honest. Raven rolled her eyes at him, but her smile got a little bigger.

"I've always said you were cheesy", she said.

"Not ashamed though" was his answer while letting go. Rhysand offered one hand and opened his wings a little. "Would you do me the honor of joining me on a tour to see Velaris from the air?"

Raven knew he could smell her fear and excitement in her scent and eyes, but she didn't care. She accepted instantly.

Being careful, Rhys carried her through the sky, telling them their favorite places and parts. The sunset was showing near the sea and Raven almost cried because of how beautiful everything was in Velaris.

"Velaris is so beautiful, Rhys... You deserve that, all of it!", she didn't know why she felt the need to say that to him, but Raven did anyway.

His eyes watered and he kept flying. After Raven saw everything, Rhysand turned in the Sidra River's direction. After a while a breathtaking mansion came into vision.

"That's home", was all Rhys said.

___________

Feyre couldn't wait. She was pacing the entire living room while waiting on Rhys and Raven.

She wanted that to happen for a long time and now, her friend was finally coming. The High Lady would never forget the person who helped her when she needed it the most. When Rhysand didn't visit her cell Under The Mountain, Raven was there. Sneaking out food or water for Feyre or just being there...

And now, Raven was coming to her home and Feyre was kind of anxious, because it was important, she knew.

Azriel watched an agitated Feyre from the window, surprised to find himself anxious too. The others were on their usual conversations, baby Nyx almost napping on Elain's arms.

The High Lady froze on the spot. The Shadowsinger knew it was Rhys talking to her, letting her know they were arriving.

"She's here!", Feyre's arms were in the air with a silly celebration that made Nyx laugh while she was taking him in her arms and leaving the room. Trying to control his shadows, Azriel almost growled at himself for wanting to follow Feyre. His pets wanted the same as he could notice.

Looking at the window, he could see his brother landing and putting Raven on her feet. He could see the light in her eyes even this far and Azriel knew Rhys took her to a Velaris tour.

He regretted looking when his eyes paid attention to the rest of her body... Azriel turned his back to the window glass, almost closing the curtains. Although the image was already printed in his mind.

Azriel realized he never saw her in regular clothes before and until now, he didn't realize how much he wanted to.

___________

A glass of red wine was put in Raven's hand as soon as she entered the living room. An easy conversation started and all of them were so inclusive with her that she was comfortable instantly.

They acted like her presence was something they always wanted and at the same time like it was already normal, something they're familiar with. Raven was sitting between Mor and Nesta, but Amren was nearby, interested in the new girl.

Rhys, Feyre and Nyx were sharing an armchair while Cassian was close to Azriel still by the window. He didn't say a word since Raven's arrival, all his concentration in trying to hide his scent so anybody would notice how he was feeling with her presence there.

Let them think he was bored as hell, like he always has been, he thought. Azriel never realized how numb he was until she appeared. When Raven decided she was ready for the world it was like the universe decided he was ready to finally feel.

They have never spoken alone, their conversations were always about the exercises or fighting moves. Her interest and focus were incredibles for him and Azriel couldn't even explain why.

___________

Raven tried not to think about the fact that everybody there talked, except Azriel. He stayed by the window the whole night, only going to the dining room when they ate or to refill his tea. She tried not to notice the times his eyes were already on her when she looked his way.

Because of her times surrounded by enemies, Raven learnt the hard way to pay attention to everything that was happening around her. She's worked for Rhys at Under The Mountain, getting any information they could use to get out of that hell.

So it was like instinct when she noticed Feyre and Nesta's sister's eyes on Azriel when they were eating... Raven even caught him look Elain's way once. There's something there, she thought.

If she wasn't that happy for feeling comfortable and not that scared on her first night out, Raven knew she couldn't deal with that feeling she had when she noticed their looks. And also by instinct, she could pretend anything was happening without even blinking.

_______________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hii guys!

Hope you're liking it so far, that's so much to come and I'm trying to update as soon as I can.

I'd love to read your opinions, so please leave your comments! x