Chapter 1: Discovering the sun again

Raven laid down again in her bed, trying to calm herself. Mantic was dead! He would never see her again and she was free. The High Lord of Night Court, her friend, made sure it would happen.

She kept repeating that in her mind until her breath was more calm and she was strong enough again to get out of the bed. Raven was living in the library with the priestess of the Night Court. She worked there to pay for her stay and food and she didn't need more than that.

There in the dark hall, surrounded by books, she was getting her sanity back. Piece by piece, Raven was getting her mind in place. After so long tied up in that deal, she didn't even know who she was.

Sometimes, it was hard remembering she wasn't an object that could go from one person to another easily. Since Feyre freed all Prythian and Rhysand killed Mantic, Raven was still finding out who she was.

She spent a lot of her time reading, trying to see the world from the book's perspective until she was ready to be in the world once again. Two years since she's been outside. More than 50 years since she used to feel the sun in her skin everyday.

After taking care of her hygiene, she left for the dining hall. She's put her name on the list to train with Nesta and the others.

Gwyn and Nesta became friends with her, they used to walk around the library and work together every time they could, but Raven didn't have the courage to go.

Now, she was done with it. She was going to see if she could be outside again. Raven was scared as hell she'd panic. Her father was still out there, somewhere.

Even though Rhysand guaranteed she was safe in Velaris, she just couldn't stop being afraid and she didn't want to feel that way anymore.

Raven didn't have many personal belongings, so she used to wear the same vests she used to work. When she arrived at the training ring, the two faes were already there.

They smiled at her and Raven didn't know how to act. After Nesta introduced her to Cassian and Emerie - the other she already knew - she felt a warm touch in the face.

She tried to kept her smile to herself... it was so long since she felt the sun in her skin... And Raven was so nervous about coming that she didn't even think it would happen that day.

There she was... outside for the first time since she got free. Raven was facing the sun with her eyes closed while Nesta talked to the others beside her when a ruffle of wings was heard.