Act 22: Rewrite the Stars:

Phillip rushed to the circus after Charity told him that Amelia was not home, seeing as that was the first place he went. He stopped, when he saw her, sitting in the audience, fixing her shoes so that she could practice, wanting to get her mind off of what just happened. 

He moved to place his coat and hat down, before walking over to Amelia. "Amelia..." He said, standing in front of her as she continued to look down, fixing her shoes. "Amelia... They're small-minded people..." He said, kneeling down to make her look at him. He went to reach for her hand, but she pulled away from him. "Why do you care what they think?" He asked her when he saw her tear-stained cheeks. 

"It's not just them." She said, softly, letting him hear the crack in her voice. "You've never had someone look at you the way your parents looked at me. The way everyone would look at us." She continued to say, before getting up to walk away from him.

He stood up, watching her walk over to the rope that was tied up to the side. "You know I want you..." He started to sing, making her stop before she only stopped for a second. She continued to get the rope, going to practice. "It's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me. So, don't keep sayin' our hands are tied. You claim it's not in the cards, and fate is pulling you miles away, and out of reach from me." He continued to sing when he moved over to her. 

She looked up at him, fiddling with the rope, before moving away from him. "But, you're here in my heart, so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny? What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine?" He continued when he walked over to her before she started to walk away from him again. "Nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find." He continued to follow her, turning her around and holding her close to him. 

Amelia's breath hitched when his arm snaked around her waist. "It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be." He continued to try to keep her close to him, but she kept trying to pull away from him. "So, why don't we rewrite the stars?" He continued to sing, and when he moved a strand of hair behind her eye, before spinning her around, she started to smile a little. 

"Maybe the world could be ours... Tonight." 

She tugged on the rope, making her go up, as the sandbag dropped to the ground. He looked around, not seeing her, since most of the room was dark, due to no one being there, except them, along with no sunlight. She started going back down, while she held onto a silver circle. 

"You think it's easy? You think I don't want to run to you?" She sang, gradually, making her way back to the ground. "But, there are mountains. And there are doors that we can't walk through. I know you're wonderin' why, because we're able to be just you and me within these walls. But when we go outside, you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all." She continued to sing, still holding onto the silver circle, while they moved just inches away from each other. 

She continued to dance, twirling around with the silver circle, while he, either, held onto her, or onto the ring. The ring rose up when he held onto it before he dropped. He dropped back to the ground, still standing, while Amelia disappeared again from his view. 

"No one can rewrite the stars." She sang, changing from the circle, back to the regular rope, before swinging back down. "How can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart..." She swung again, causing him to catch her as they rolled on the ground. 

They stopped when Phillip held onto her hips as she straddled him. "And I'm not the one you were meant to find." She sang when she pulled the rope down until it stopped when the sandbag reach. She grabbed the rope when it pulled up. He still stayed on the ground, watching her fly up. 

"It's not up to you. It's not up to me." She sang as he grabbed onto the rope, pulling himself up."When everyone tells us what we can be. How can we rewrite the stars?" She twirled down the rope, into his arms. 

"Say that the world can be ours. Tonight?" She continued to sing.

"All I want is to fly with you..." They both sang, when Phillip grabbed the rope, pulling them up while holding her close to him. "All I want is to fall with you. So, just give me all of you. It feels impossible. (It's not impossible.) Is it impossible?" They sang before Phillip stayed on the ground, watching her twirl around. 

"Say that it's possible. How do we rewrite the stars?  Say you were made to be mine? Nothing can keep us apart." She continued to sing as he moved to climb up the beams that were around the audience chairs. 

"'Cause you are the one I was meant to find. It's up to you and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be." They both sang when Amelia smiled at him. 

He moved to jump to grab her when she came close to him. He held her close when they continued to spin around on the rope. 

"Why don't we rewrite the stars? Changin' the world to be ours." They sang as if they were the only people in the world. 

They were just inches away from each other's faces when Amelia melted into his touch as his arm snaked around her waist, while the other one held onto the rope. They landed back on the ground, and he rested his forehead on hers, while still holding her waist. 

After a few minutes of just staring into each other's eyes, Amelia started to sing again. "You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. But I can't have you. We're bound to break and my hands are tied." Amelia sang softly, when she looked at him, before moving his hand from her waist. Then she walked away from him.

~1087 words~