hospital

Evie arrives at the hospital as quickly as she could. She doesn't think she has ever been so scared in her life. Her thoughts kept circling back to what her best friend had said. How bad of a state is Carlos going to be when she gets there? Will he even still be alive! Is he going to be okay?

Evie couldn't stop these thoughts as she drove. All she wanted to do was be with her husband, as she always knew he could calm her down. But now Carlos was in the hospital and she didn't even know if he was going to be okay.

When she finally arrives at the hospital, she practically jumps out of the car and dashes through the door. Evie made her way to the receptionist, panting and gasping for air.

"I'm- *gasp* I'm here for Carlos. Carlos de Vil. *wheeze* How is he?" Evie asks the receptionist, who continues to stare at the computer with a bored look on her face.

"Are you related?" the receptionist replies. Evie just groans as she can't believe this lady right now. Her husband was in danger, for crying out loud!

"Yes, yes! I'm his wife, Evie de Vil. Now, please tell me how my husband is doing!" Evie didn't care if she slurred her words as she rushed to tell her all the details, quickly losing patience because she just wants to know how her beloved Carlos is doing. She didn't even know what she would do if Carlos ended up not being okay.

The receptionist sighs as she types on her computer. "Date of birth?" the receptionist asks the bluenette. Evie just sighs in defeat as she tells the lady Carlos' date of birth. The receptionist types for a little longer on her computer.

"He just arrived. Carlos is currently undergoing emergency surgery to stitch up the bites on his skin. And it looks to me here he also has a ruptured windpipe that is being fixed. But that is all the information I have right now so you're right going to have to wait until we receive some more." the receptionist says. Evie lets out the breath she hadn't noticed she'd been holding as she drops back from the counter.

"Okay, thanks anyway," Evie says and she turns and leaves. She makes her way over to an empty seat by the window in the waiting room. Evie spaces out, staring through the window while waiting to hear any word on her husband's condition.

Evie couldn't stop thinking about the date. She should have stayed. She should have never left her pup alone. Evie doesn't even know who could have done something like this to Carlos, as Mal didn't want to say too much over the phone. Mal had always been one to want to tell Evie the details in person.

But that only made the blue-haired girl grow more anxious as she didn't know what was going to happen to her husband. After what feels like forever of Evie pondering in her thoughts Mal and Jay arrive at the hospital. They both run over to the bluenette as soon as they spot her over by the window.

Jay had seen Mal running to her car in a panic and stopped to ask what happened. Mal told Jay about how Carlos had been attacked and was currently being driven to the hospital. The noirette boy told Mal that he wanted to come along and make sure his best friend was okay.

Mal was happy to drive Jay. They'd always been the main protectors of their little group and they both constantly made sure all four of them stayed out of danger. But now Carlos was hurt and the two just wanted to be there for him. Not even mentioning Evie, who they knew would be so concerned about Carlos.

Jay and Mal ran over to Evie, who was continuing to blankly stare out the window.

"Evie!"
Evie sighs as she turns her attention away from the window as she looks at the two,
"How's Carlos. We came here as quick as we could" Mal continues as she moves to sit beside her best friend.

"They don't know yet. All I know is that Carlos is in surgery right now." Her expression quickly crumbled into one of grief as she continued, "Oh my gosh, I'm so scared. I really just need for my pup to be okay..." Evie sobs as tears stream down her face.