chapter 3

caught up with finals but here's a little chapter bc i have english tomorrow so i practiced my writing!!

· · ─────── ·♥· ─────── · ·
••• pretty •••

   NATHALIE ushered Adrien out of the car once they pulled up to the park where the photoshoot was going to be held.

In midst of the hustling, a snaking line around a particular building caught his eye, making him loose track of where he was going.

The smell coming from the bakery was tempting, and the long line that was out the door made it even more convincing that whatever pastries they were selling very tasty. He gulped, licking his lips as his mouth watered at the thought of eating a hot chocolate croissant or a cupcake.

Bump!

"Ouch, oh, sorry! I'm sorry, so sorry!"

He snapped out of his daydreaming to see a raven-haired girl reaching down to pick up what seemed like keys she probably dropped when she bumped into him. "Wait, no you don't have to be sorry, I'm the one who should be--"

She got up, now looking at him and for some reason he felt his breath hitch. "Sorry," Adrien abruptly choked out the end of his sentence, rubbing the back of his neck subconsciously. The girl simply shook her head. "No no, it was my fault I was rushing and I didn't look where I was going and I--" her bluebell irises widened alarmingly at the sight of the bakery, to which he also turned to, wondering why she was so panicked.

"Oh, God, Mama's going to kill me, uhm.." she turned back to the boy, smiling sheepishly at him (which he swore made his heart race), before dashing off to the bakery.

He watched her figure grow smaller, as it weaved through the crowd and finally disappeared all together.

"Adrien Athenese Agresté!!"

"I'm very displeased with your work today at the shoot, Adrien," Gabriel spoke solemnly through the screen attached behind the driver's seat of the car. "Not only, were you late, but you also weren't focusing on the shoot one bit. We're going to reshoot every single photo first thing tomorrow, understood?"

The poor boy let out a sigh under his breath, nodding. "Yes Father," he said.

If he were being honest, he was distracted, and that was his fault.

It was also that pretty girl's fault.

    Marinette could not believe how stupid she was. She had bumped into the Adrien Agresté and made a complete fool of herself. And he thought he was the one who was supposed to say sorry?

She brushed a part of her bangs out of her face, before taking yet another customer's order. It had been an hour since she had darted in here to start her (late) shift, but the line had barely gotten any shorter. "Hi, welcome to the Dupain-Cheng Bakery, what can I get for you today?" she greeted probably the thirtieth customer since her shift.

And so the rush continued, only dying down around twelve. When it did, Marinette caught her breath, letting out a tired huff. Her pigtails were loose from all her moving around and the running back earlier, so she had to undo them and tie them up again, but of course in the middle of this process, her mother tells her to grab some pastry cream out of the chiller.