chapter 9

okay i changed some stuff up (19/02/24)

i think i'll work better with it now we'll see. theres no changes to the plot though so do not fret!!!

i also think i got a little carried away looking for pictures to use in future chapters.... hehehehe

· · ─────── ·♥︎· ─────── · ·
••• fun •••

"oh, baby, look what you've done to me,"

[ stockholm syndrome | one direction ]

SABINE cleared the table with the help of the two teenagers despite her protests, reassuring them she could manage the washing herself.

"Go ahead and have some fun, play some games with Marinette. You can stay as long as you like,"'the woman told Adrien.

"I'll only be able to stay a little while longer, I have fencing practice. Nathalie is going to come pick me up," he said with a bummed out smile.

"Honey, take him upstairs, I'm sure there's enough time for a few rounds of games," Sabine turned to her daughter, who nodded with a grin.

"Come on, let's go," the girl gestured for him to follow her.

As they got the the stairs, she insisted for him to head up first. "I'll get some water for us, you can take a seat on the chaise while you wait, it'll only be a few minutes."

He headed up the stairs, and once at the top, Adrien took a moment to take in the sight of Marinette's room.

The only other time he had been inside a girl's room was when he was still a kid. He had been in Chloé's room during her 6th birthday party, but of course, he was still young. He didn't remember much aside from the extravagant king size bed and the gold accents on all the furniture.

Marinette's room had a certain charm to it, one he was sure that his own didn't have. From the furniture to the adornments of her space, everything screamed warmth, and he loved that.

He took a seat on the chaise she had mentioned earlier, flashing back to the reason he was here in the first place.

    "Oh, I'm sorry dear! The person ahead of you just bought the last one!" Sabine told him apologetically after he had asked for a mini chicken pie.

"That's alright then, I'll try again tomorrow. I'll just go for a pain au chocolat and a regular iced americano, please," he waved off.

"Is that all for you today? Would you like to try anything else?" the woman asked. "The chicken pie usually runs out by the end of lunch hour."

Adrien shook his head with a smile, handing her the amount due. "Thank you so much," he grinned, about to go when Sabine told him to wait, running off to the back.

She hands him a pastry box with a smile. "Take these, these are lychee cream puffs we're testing for our new edition of pastries. And, how about you join us for lunch tomorrow? I can make that chicken pie for you, and you could enjoy your food without any eyes lurking. How does that sound?"

Grinning, the blond boy nods. "That sounds nice, thank you, I will."

      "Mama told me to grab some pastries while you're here, so that took me a bit longer that expected," Marinette's voice rang from the stairs, pulling him out of his turmoil.