2

I wrote the first chapter when I was really out of it, but it got a bunch of reads before I could unpublish it, so I just let it be. But I'll try not to make the new chapters as shitty as that one :)

'You what!?' Yuuji screeched.

'Just fucking keep your voice down!' Megumi hissed. Yuuji's voice dropped, but only slightly, as he continued to stare at Megumi with a scandalized expression on his face.

Turns out, Megumi had gotten hot and bothered about being late all for nothing- their homeroom teacher was very conveniently absent that day, which meant the first period was a study period- in which nobody in the entire class was studying, obviously.

Megumi had just finished telling Yuuji and Nobara the story of his little misadventure with Ryoumen Sukuna in front of the school that morning, and the look on Yuuji's face as he finished was almost comical.

'You bumped into Ryoumen Sukuna- the Ryoumen Sukuna, and you actually whacked him in the ribs with your hundred-pound bag?'

'My bag doesn't weigh a hundred pounds,' Megumi said, crossly. 'It barely weighs four or five pounds.'

'Of course it does,' Nobara chipped in. 'You've got all sorts of useless stuff in there. Textbooks, notebooks, reference books-'

'Yeah, because, come on, who really brings books to school?' Megumi said, sarcastically.

'Nerds,' Nobara shot back, unfazed.

'Hey!' Megumi turned to look at her, protestingly. 'It's not my fault if I want to come prepared to school. And I am not a nerd.'

'That's beside the point. And you are most certainly a nerd-'

'Shut up, both of you!' Yuuji shouted, and the two shut up and looked at him. 'This colossal, suicidal dumbass here just legit whopped Ryoumen Sukuna in the ribs and ran off without bothering to even apologize, and this is what you guys find important!?'

'I don't get what the big deal with this Sukuna guy is,' Nobara twirled a bit of her coppery-orange hair between her fingers, flicking her tongue between her teeth. 'I mean, he's never been in the same class as ours, but I've heard a bit about him. He's just another jock, isn't he?'

Yuuji stared at Nobara as though she were deranged. 'Just another jock? Nobara, you better be joking!'

'I don't get what the big deal is with him, either,' Megumi said. Yuuji whipped around to look at him.

'Of course you don't, you dumbass!' He said, fiercely. 'If you did, there's no way you would have gone and done that to him. Ryoumen Sukuna is the Ryoumen Sukuna!!'

'That's what you've been saying for the past century, Yuuji,' Nobara rolled her eyes. 'Can't you just get along with it and expatiate?'

'The fuck does that mean now?' Yuuji said, frustrated.

'You mean expatiate?' Megumi cocked an eyebrow. 'That's an easy one, it means: to expound or explain something in intricate detail, such as to simplify a complexity-'

'Shut up, Megumi,' said Yuuji.

'Shut up, Megumi,' said Nobara.

Megumi shut up.

'Okay, so basically,' Yuuji seated himself atop Megumi's desk as though he were about to deliver a lecture of utmost importance, 'Ryoumen Sukuna is, quite literally and figuratively, the essence of this school. He is all this school encompasses, all its creatures live for and die for. He is its flag bearer, its shine, its sparkle, the one who brings honour to its name. He is, in fact, the school.'