4

No one's P.O.V

'Megumi-san?'

'Megumi-san?'

'FUSHIGORO MEGUMI!'

'Huh?' Megumi was jerked out of his thoughts by the voice of a very angry math teacher.

'What on earth were you daydreaming about, Megumi?' Mr Ijichi scolded. 'This is so very unlike you.'

'I'm so....I'm so sorry!' Megumi spluttered, his cheeks going red with shame. Had he, Fushigoro Megumi, actually been caught daydreaming in class? He could feel the eyes of the entire class upon him, and felt like sinking to the floor.

'Nice job, Megumi,' someone whispered, from behind him, and Megumi scowled. Sukuna was beginning to really get on his nerves- he always had, in a way, but having him sit directly behind him and whisper snide comments into his unwilling ear all day long was torture. He had no idea Sukuna could turn out to be this vindictive- it was almost childish, to be honest. But he had no idea why it bothered him so much. People's comments had never really bothered him much before- he thought their chatter stupid and mindless, and more often than not he was correct. He knew he was responsible for Sukuna acting this way- and yet, with every snarky comment on Sukuna's part, his heart would drop to its very depths, almost in sadness, as though he had been betrayed. Not that he let it show, though, ever.

'Could you just shut up?' Megumi shot back at Sukuna, turning his head to glare at him for a brief moment. 'It's all your damn fault I got into trouble.'

That was unfair. It hadn't been Sukuna's fault, not in the least.

Sukuna's eyes widened and he let out a deep chuckle. 'My fault? How, pretty boy?'

Megumi gritted his teeth. 'Stop calling me that!'

'Megumi!' Mr Ijichi called out, sharply. 'What's all that hushed whispering going on over there? Really, I am most disappointed in you. You were never like this. Come over to the board and solve this problem.'

Sukuna wolf-whistled as Megumi got up and began to walk slowly over to the blackboard, and several of the boys blindly aped him. Megumi cursed under his breath. The problem was easy enough, and he was able to solve it in record time, as always- but he was now officially in Mr Ijichi's bad books, and he, Megumi, was never in a teacher's bad books. Never.

'What was up with you today in class, Megumi? Nobara asked him, when they were out during recess. 'You were so out of it- and what's going on between you and that guy Sukuna?'

'Nothing,' Megumi snapped. 'He's just an idiot- a prize idiot, and I wish I never set eyes upon him.'

'Well, what's done is done,' Yuuji sang, coming over to sit beside him. 'You dug your own grave, Megumi, and there's no getting out of it.'

Megumi glared at him. 'You seem much too happy, Itadori.'

Yuuji grinned. 'I'm sorry. It was just so much fun seeing you get into hot water with a teacher for like the first time since you were born. The look on your face while you were getting scolded was priceless. You should try and do that more often.'

'Totally,' Nobara agreed. 'But don't go around thinking too much about Sukuna, Megumi. The guy's not worth your attention.'

Megumi glared at her. 'Why would you keep bringing him up? Why would I be thinking of him, of all people?'

'You think he might actually want to be friends with you?' Yuuji chuckled. 'You and he were certainly getting along thick before.'

'I should think not,' Megumi muttered, aimlessly digging about in his plate of sloppy wet noodles. 'I'd rather die than befriend someone like him- I really wish he'd lay off me in class, though. He distracts me way too much- and he does it intentionally, which makes it worse.'