10

HEY IM NOT DEAD OKAY I HAD EXAMS AND SHIT

IM SORRY UWU <33 PWEASE FORGIVE ME

Megumi

'Wooahhhhh.'

'You like it?' 

Sukuna turns to me with a grin. The pride on his face is evident. I chuckle internally. Even though he tries really hard to come off as this 'rich-playboy-who-doesn't-give-a-fuck'...he definitely is pleased at my awe at how huge his house is.

How huge everything is, literally. This house isn't a house. Not even a mansion. It's a fucking palace. I can't even begin to imagine how many floors it has on it. And rooms. Hell, he even has an inbuilt swimming pool. Who the fuck still has inbuilt swimming pools in this day and age? It's not like we're still living in the dynasty of kings and queens or something.

'A lot of people have inbuilt swimming pools,' Sukuna says from behind me, sounding irritated. Oops, did I say that out loud?

'I'm sorry.' I turn to him, looking sheepish. 'It's just....wow. Like, wow. You're just so...rich. I mean-'

Sukuna runs a hand through his hair. He sounds embarrassed when he speaks. 'Yeah, well, it's nothing. There's really no point to all of these rooms and all that grandeur when I'm alone most of the time to begin with.'

'You're alo-?'

He's already turning on his heel. 'C'mon. Gotta show you the basketball court. That's where we'll be training most of the time, so you better like it.'

'I'm bloody hell sure I'll like it,' I whoop energetically as I fall into step beside him. 'Most of the time, though? Where shall we be the rest of the time?'

'Doing physical training, of course,' Sukuna keeps his eyes ahead as he strides forward. 'You can't expect to keep your place on that team with that scrawny bit of a body. You gotta work out, lift weights, put on some muscle. We'll be spending a fair bit of time in the pool too, of course.'

The pool? A sudden nervous sweat breaks out all over me, and I can feel the hackles on my neck rise. 

'Uh- why the pool?'

Sukuna sighs. 'To swim, you idiot. Swimming builds strength. Were you always this dense? I thought you were the class topper.'

I bite my lip. I am being dense. What the hell was I even thinking- what else would we be doing in the pool, after all? Swimming, of course.

Then what image did I just conjure up in my head-

Stop, Megumi.

'Stop what?' Sukuna frowns at me. Shit. I have got to stop saying stuff aloud instead of keeping it in my thick skull, where it belongs. 

I shake my head vigorously. 'Nothing.'

'You're blushing.'

I feel my cheeks heat up. More so than they were before, if they were. 'I'm not.'

'Yes you are. You blush a lot when you're around me, you know. Do I turn you on or something?'

WHAT?

I gag, see stars, almost hyperventilate. 'E-excuse me?'

Sukuna smirks and slaps my ass. It makes me jump. Sukuna's ass-slaps are no joke. 'I'm just kidding around. Get used to it. After all...you're not even gay.'

'Yeah...yeah, I'm not.' Something tells me I really need that sort of reminder whenever Sukuna's around.

'We're here.' Sukuna stops walking. I freeze up behind him, staring with wide eyes at the wonder around me. Holy shit. This is everything- everything one could possibly need. A basketball player's dream.

'Wow.' I take in a deep breath and let it out slowly. 'Just....wow.'

There it is again on his face- the proud smile struggling to mask itself under an air of disconcern. 'Eh. It's pretty average, to be honest. Dad couldn't be bothered to spend too much on the basketball court- it mattered more to him to upgrade the fancy dinner lounge where he entertains all his women.'

He says the last few words with an air of distaste. I look at him out of the corner of my eye. I hadn't expected him to be so blasé about his father's... habits, even though his mother had passed away a few years ago. Yuuji had told me that. Well, he hadn't tried to pry into my family- the least I could do was not pry into his own.

'Well, should we start training then?' I force myself to break the uncomfortable silence.

'Yeah, yeah.' Sukuna seems to snap out of a daze. 'Dump all of your stuff on the bleachers. You're already in training attire, so that's good. Do the usual- twenty pushups, twenty jumping jacks, twenty squats, then five rounds around the court. And make it quick, we haven't got all day.'

My eyes nearly pop out of their sockets. 'Five rounds? This court's nearly twice the size of the one at school!'

'Megumi, you're getting private training from the captain of the school basketball team.' There he is again- the strict, stern, slave-driver Sukuna I see at practice every morning. 'If you're getting special privileges, you need to learn earn them. Start warmup, now.'

Twenty pushups, twenty squats, twenty jumping jacks and five rounds of the ginormous fucking basketball court later, I am winded through and through and ready to pass out, but Sukuna isn't having it. He's been chilling by the side of the court throughout warmup, gulping down Monster drink, his piercing eyes on me the whole time so I can't stop to rest or catch a breath. He's one hard taskmaster, is Sukuna.

'Ok, get ready,' he says briskly, walking up as I'm down on my haunches, sucking air desperately in through my lungs as though I were a fish out of water. 'We got a lot to do today. First, I gotta assess your skills. Up on your feet, now. No slacking, Megumi.'

I groan as I rise. 'Don't you assess my skills every single day at school?'

'Yeah, yours and a dozen others'. Now- we'll start basic. Try to get the ball away from me. No fancy moves or false lunges on my part- just dribbling. You however are free to use any method you want. Go ahead.'

I scowl at him. 'That's so unfair. It's like you're looking down on me.'

Sukuna steps a little closer and hooks a finger under my face. It turns up, and my eyes meet his dark, immensely dark brown ones- they look red in the sunlight. I fidget, my eyes wandering. Why does he make me this uncomfortable?

'Megumi,' his voice is low, and it feels like he's whispering into my ear even though he's not. The breeze carries the air from his mouth to my cheeks, and there they are- heating up once more. 'No matter how long we practice, how good you get- better than me, even- I will always look down on you.'

We stare at each other for a moment. Our breaths mingle together in the tiny space between our faces, turning it warm. His finger grazes the underside of my chin, tickling it slightly. There's a tiny smirk on his face- dark, goading, condescending. I grit my teeth- I know exactly what he's playing at and how. He knows exactly how to grind my gears- fire me up- turn me on, but not in the sexual way. 

I pull away from him, a bitter glint in my eyes. 'We'll see.'

He grins, a mocking, victorious sort of grin as he tosses the ball up into the air. 'Come get it then, tiger.'

As he catches the falling ball and spins away on his heel with it in one fluid motion, I set my jaw and give chase. I'm determined to prove myself- determined to prove myself to him. Determined to show him that I'm going to make every bit of use of this extra training- and force him to acknowledge me, force him to stop looking down on me. To look at us as equals.

The small, uncomfortable bulge in my pants as I run tells me that he did not turn me on in simply a non-sexual way, though.

Fuck.