6

I'm sorry about the criminally short chapters. I know the light-years' time I take to update doesn't justify their length. I'll make up for them when I really have the time and energy to write.

'Hey, Megumi!' Yuuji whooped excitedly as he saw his friend sitting in class and hurried over to give him a bear hug. 'How was your basketball practice? Killed it?'

He backed up as he saw the sour look on Megumi's face. 'Uh...so it didn't go well?'

'It was fine,' Megumi said, but his voice was gloomy. Yuuji glared at him.

'You know, you're a terrible liar. Did Sukuna bully you?'

'No,' Megumi said, and blushed involuntarily. Sukuna's name had a weird effect on him. He had no idea why. It just did.

Yuuji stared at him. 'Whatchya blushing like a little girl for?'

'I'm not blushing like a little girl,' Megumi said, crossly. 'Where's Nobara?'

'Out in the corridor simping all over Maki-san for winning the Fencing Nationals this year as well,' Yuuji rolled his eyes. 'She should really just go ahead and tell her she likes her, it's become ridiculously obvious at this point.'

'Maki-san won the Fencing Nationals again?' Megumi was impressed. 'Man. How does she do it?'

'The same way Sukuna wins first place in athletics every single year, I guess,' Yuuji yawned and sprawled over his chair. Megumi's face went very red again. He smiled.

'What's wrong with you?' Yuuji frowned at him. 'You're smiling like an idiot.'

'I'm not smiling,' the smile slid off Megumi's face in an instant. 'I hate Sukuna.'

Yuuji raised an eyebrow. 'Who ever mentioned Sukuna?'

'Oh, enough about Sukuna,' Nobara came dancing in and clapped the two boys on their backs. She was clearly in a very good mood. 'Megumi, guess what? I just had the loooooooooooooongest conversation with Maki-san.'

'You were literally out there for two minutes,' Yuuji scowled up at her. 'If that's what you mean by a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong conversation, I'd really advise you to work on your social skills.'

'And I'd advise you to not use that snarky tongue of yours a bit too much,' Nobara reached over and smacked his head, making Yuuji groan. 'I'd have talked some more if that awful sister of hers- Mai- wouldn't have butted in and begun spouting some shit about Maki-san like she always does. Luckily, Maki-san doesn't care in the least- I don't know how she does it though. Mai is such a bitch.'

'She may be a bitch, but she's pretty,' Yuuji said, staring dreamily into space. 'She's like a mommy- OW!'

Nobara had smacked him once more, this time hard. 'What is wrong with you boys? You literally don't give a shit about personality, do you? All you care about is looks.'

'Hey, that's not true!' Yuuji protested. 'Megumi, tell Nobara that's not true.'

'Tell her what?' Megumi asked, distracted. His one eye was fixed upon the classroom door.

'Tell her boys just don't care about looks.'

'They do. I'm glad I turned lesbian.'

'What do you mean, you turned lesbian? You can't turn lesbian. You were gay since the day you were born- gay as fuck. Maybe that's why you're so freakishly strong-'

'Excuse me, Mr Itadori Yuuji?'

'What?'

'You really need to be taught some manners-'

'Oh, quit being such a snowflake-'

'Guys,' Megumi said, in a low voice, 'isn't...isn't anyone else going to come?'

The classroom was nearly full by now. It was time for the bell to ring, signalling the start of lessons.

The two stopped arguing and stared up at him. 'Who're you waiting for?'

Megumi swallowed. 'Nobody.' He sat down, finally turning his head away from the door. He felt curiously annoyed. And angry. At himself.

Mr Ijichi walked in, and the chattering class fell into silence. 'Good morning, Ijichi-sensei.'

'Good morning, children,' Mr Ijichi smiled around at them, and particularly at Megumi. Megumi tried to smile back, but failed. He had gotten himself into this rotten mess all because of Mr Ijichi- just because he was a teacher didn't mean he automatically earned forgiveness.

The class began. Megumi turned around briefly to look at the empty seat behind him. Somehow, his heart ached.

He turned back round, feeling stupid. Why was he actually missing him? The one day he finally had some peace and quiet?

He solved his calculus problems, at lightning speed as usual, but his head wasn't in his work. No, it was swimming with thoughts, thoughts he couldn't exactly put a finger on, but knew very well that they all featured a muscular guy with a tattooed face and a mocking smile-

'I don't think you're useless, Megumi.'

Megumi turned beet red as he remembered. Why did this particular guy affect him so much? Why did his mere face, his mere voice make Megumi weak at the knees, want to turn tail and run away and yet stay just right where he was? 

The door was kicked open suddenly. Megumi's eyes flew to the door. There he stood, in his full glory, tall and broad and muscular and tattoos and everything.

Mr Ijichi sighed in exasperation. 'Must you always come late to class, Sukuna? I understand as sports captain you have duties-'

'Spare the lecture, teacher,' Sukuna gave Mr Ijichi a dazzling smile, and without any further ado walked over to his seat behind Megumi's, throwing his bag down in his typical sexy way and settling in. Mr Ijichi grumbled to himself for a while, and then resumed teaching once more.

Megumi turned around slightly to look at Sukuna, and caught his eye. Sukuna winked and grinned at him. It was a casual grin, but it set Megumi's heart curiously a-flutter.

He turned back to his books, his heart racing, panting slightly. His mind swam with confusion. He felt strange, almost panicky.

Why the fuck had he felt so relieved when Sukuna had walked in?

Why was he blushing even now as he sat directly behind him?

Was he really developing a crush on Ryoumen Sukuna?

I'll pick up the pace from the next chapter I promise