Chapter 3 - Team up Exercise

Izuku wasn't all that bothered by the fact he couldn't talk for a while. At least he wouldn't be caught mumbling while he didn't mean to, right? Then he remembered hero training and how communication could be a serious obstacle there. Even if they were just sparring against each other, he wouldn't be able to verbally yield if things got too much. Let alone that he'd be able to work in team up exercises...

He could hear his classmates' thoughts and doubts on the matter as well, not really boosting his confidence. But Aizawa sensei hadn't said anything about it and he'd been allowed to take out his hero costume and come to the locker room with the rest of the class, so maybe their teacher had something in mind to counter these obstacles?

"Before we start, I want to ask which students are capable of using sign language. Raise your hands" Aizawa stated as everyone gathered on ground beta for their practical training. I've already seen him use it with Bakugou, so worst case scenario we'll have to work in duos. Katsuki reluctantly raised his hand, already knowing why his teacher was asking. I'm gonna get paired up with fucking Deku, aren't I? Do none of these idiots know sign or something? Tch, morons.

Koda also raised his hand, which wasn't too shocking to Izuku. The boy had social anxiety and didn't like to speak, always shying away from confrontation. If Izuku had to guess on anyone in his class knowing sign, Koda would be one of the first people he'd call out, right after Kacchan. What did surprise him was the fact Kaminari raised his hand, seemingly unaware that very few people actually put their hands up. He was so casual about it, like duh, of course I know sign, I might be dumb but I'm not stupid.

"Kami, you know sign language?" Ashido asked, as surprised as the rest of the class.
"Well, yeah" the electric blonde shrugged.
"I mean, I like languages and since I can't sit still with my hands anyway I kinda taught it to myself in middle school with YouTube videos"
Izuku could hear how skeptical people were about Kaminari's knowledge on sign so the green head decided to test it in order to get all doubts out of the way.

[So you can understand me?] he asked.
[Yes. I've never used sign to actually communicate with someone before, this is so exciting] Kaminari signed back with a big grin on his face.

[Shut up, it's not that hard] Kacchan told him. So Kaminari knows sign huh? Well, that's good to know. If I'm ever having trouble with my hearing again, I can just sign to him. Lip reading fucking sucks and I really don't want the whole fucking class knowing I'm going deaf because of my own quirk.

Izuku was glad Kacchan trusted Kaminari enough to turn to him when he was vulnerable. He has known about Kacchan's hearing loss for some time now. It's why Izuku learned sign in the first place, since he still wanted to be able to talk to the ash blonde and he knew Kacchan would never back down or accept his help when it came to his quirk and how to use it.

"Alright, then you four will be team one" Aizawa sighed, dividing the rest of the class up in three other groups for their training exercise. They played capture the flag in a 4 v 4 v 4 v 4, every team claiming a corner of ground beta.

"Alright, this is the plan" Katsuki stated, staring down his teammates.
"Dunce face stays at the base for defense. Animal guy summons some fucking birds to scout out the area around the base so Pikachu can take them out. Deku and I are on the offensive. I say capture the blue flag first. Their team is pure offensive power and no damn defense whatsoever so I'll gain their attention and Deku can sneak in to steal the flag"

"You're gonna be a decoy?" Kaminari snorted. I never thought Bakugou would suggest a plan like that. I thought his pride was way too high for that.
"You've got a fucking problem with that dumbass?!" Kacchan hissed. It's a decent plan, right? Fuck, it isn't, is it? I'm not used to working with this combination! But that's no fucking excuse!
"Besides, I'm the only one who can pull off going solo. They'll just think I'm acting on my own"