Chapter 18 - All For One

Soon enough the dormitory building was surrounded by teachers, not that Aoyama resisted his arrest. Everyone in class 1-A was questioned about what happened, about suspicious things they might've noticed about the boy, about how his true identity had come to light. Of course, only a few knew how Izuku suddenly came to that conclusion.

"I read his mind"

Izuku knew the detective that was questioning him, he was a friend of All Might. Detective Naomasa, if Izuku remembered right. Aizawa sensei was also there with them, watching over the interrogations of his students.
"I see" Naomasa hummed, writing something down. He must be aware of the Muted Mind quirk.
"What's going to happen to Aoyama-kun?"

"That's for the Hero Commision to decide" Aizawa said.
"He'll likely be punished severely for his crimes, as will his parents"
"But he didn't want to do it!" Izuku stated, defending his friend.
"He didn't want to help All For One! He was forced!"
"Oh? In what way?" the detective asked.

"All For One was using his parents against him. I don't know the details" Izuku admitted.
"Did you find that out while reading his mind?" Naomasa asked, to which Izuku nodded.
"We can't make any promises, Midoriya, but if Aoyama cooperates and tells us what he knows, we might be able to lighten his sentence" Aizawa sighed.
"Also, I'd like to know when this bothersome quirk wore off. Why didn't you report it to me like we agreed?"

"I-I... The effects of the quirk disappeared right after I found out about Aoyama-kun, sir" Izuku answered, only now realizing nobody had pointed out he got his voice back. There were more concerning matters to focus on, after all... Aizawa sensei hummed, deciding that answer was good enough for now, before the interrogation was wrapped up and Izuku was free to return to the 1-A Height Alliance. Not that the atmosphere was any better there...

The class was devastated and torn, and for a moment Izuku was glad he was no longer able to read their thoughts, not wanting to be overwhelmed by the confusion they must be feeling right now... He wordlessly sat down next to Tokoyami on the couch, simply staring out in front of him. Aoyama was the UA traitor... He stole information from the school, helped the League with the USJ incident, with the raid on their training camp, Kacchan's kidnapping- Just everything!

"At least you're not under the influence of that quirk anymore"

Izuku glanced aside to Uraraka, when did she get here? He hadn't noticed her coming in at all... She, too, had a somber look on her face, trying very hard to force a smile as she faced Izuku.
"I'm so glad you've got your voice back, Deku-kun"
"Y-yeah, that quirk was really annoying" Izuku muttered, unsure of how to react after everything that happened that day.

"How did you know?" Jirou asked, making Izuku blink in surprise.
"About Aoyama... How did you know all of the sudden?"
That question made all eyes turn towards him and Izuku was suddenly very aware of the fact he needed to come clean about the true effects of the Muted Mind quirk... Not everyone was here though and if he was going to tell them what was really going on the past month, he wanted to tell them all in one go.

"Let's wait until everyone is here, okay?" Izuku breathed, happy that she seemed content with that. It was just a delay, simply putting off the inevitable, but at least he'll have Kacchan at his side. His boyfriend already knew about it, hell, it was the sole reason he confessed his feelings for him. It would make things a little easier, or at least Izuku hoped it would. Soon enough everyone except Aoyama-kun, who was still in custody, gathered in the common room, waiting for Izuku's explanation.

"You don't have to tell them, it's none of their business" Kacchan told him, but Izuku waved it off.
"No, it's better to come clean about it... Besides, the quirk wore off, it's over, there's nothing keeping me from talking" Izuku sighed, fiddling with his hands as he stood in front of his classmates. He was nervous. How would they react to something like this? Was this really the best moment to tell them? After everything with Aoyama-kun..? It was late already and-