Chapter 17: Misunderstanding & Misconception

"Grace, no hay vestido disponible." Kaitlyn was panicking because there was no dress to be found in the luggage the young lady brought.

"So what? Is it my fault? Just go find something wearable."

"¿Qué?" Kaitlyn was left agape by her response. "Fine, I'll go find something inside the temple."

"Oh thanks Kaitlyn, you're a lifesaver."

Grace smiles and waves her goodbye, then Kaitlyn hurriedly walks to the temple.

Grace was waiting for Kaitlyn to arrive, but suddenly she forgets something.

She was walking in circles trying to remember then suddenly a memory of her appeared in her mind.

"The... Needles!"

Grace gasped in horror after she remembered that she was supposed to deliver the stitches and needles to the other room but she left the sewing kit in the young lady's room when she gave her the dress that later on was rejected because the young lady didn't like it.

She was pondering her thoughts since the sewing kit was broken and turned apart, needles might fall or get away.

"Oh no, what if someone steps on it?"

'Should I go back to the young lady's room?'

The young lady complained and groaned though, she said that she felt a needle pricking her back.

'No way. the young miss was serious at that time?'

Could it be that one of the needles fell into the dress?

There's a higher chance that the needle was from the sewing kit since I was holding them together.

'...I made a mistake again."

I really thought the young miss was just kidding. I've seen many noble children acting like that because they don't like the dress.

'Perhaps, I misunderstood the young miss.'

I can't help but to squat with sweat because of what I did.

'If ever I did really make a mistake, I'll apologize to the young miss'

Step step tug clack!

Kaitlyn was running towards me, she was holding a white satin silk dress.

"Huff." She was panting in front of me. "Vestido, I have the dress!"

"It looks normal, will that be okay?" I asked her because the young miss might be disappointed wearing a normal dress with no design.

"It's okay!"

I stood up and said, "Let's head now."

"I think it's better to run Grace."

We were walking slowly since Kaitlyn was panting but she's suggesting to run?

"The young miss might scold us." Kaitlyn looks at me with fear and trepidation.

"Why are you scared, Kaitlyn?"

She halted after she heard me said.

"Grace, I really admire your confidence but, sometimes you're stupid."

I do feel stupid though and reckless sometimes. "The young miss is just a kid."

"That's why you're stupid. I know you hated patrician but praise to god, she's a noble's child!"

"Who cares? The young miss looks arrogant and it's not like I did something bad, I just glared at her."

"Grace! didn't you hear the rumors of the young miss Sabrina?" Said Kaitlyn then, she put her palm in her face. "Whatever Grace It's up to you."

We were talking so long and we lost track of time.

"You're right Kaitlyn." I said.

"Sí. I'm always correct so you better list-

Kaitlyn hadn't finished talking but I was already running ahead of her. "I mean you're right, we should run."

Kaitlyn was left petrified with the satin dress she was holding. "Ahh. wait for me Grace!"

◇◆◇

Kaitlyn and I arrived at the young miss' door and both of us were catching our heavy breath.

"The dress. Did it get wrinkled?"

"No, I handled it gently." Kaitlyn replied then she opened the door.

The young miss didn't seem to be hurting with pain after seeing her. 'Well, maybe the needle didn't get on her dress. she just didn't like the previous dress that's why she changed it.'

While the young miss was preparing, Carrie was glaring at me as if I did something wrong but I don't know. She was looking at me with her tense eyes even after she dressed the young miss.

'Did I do something wrong?'

When the young miss was ready, she pointed at me so I ended up escorting her to the solar room.

The young miss was smiling at me naïvely with her red lips and crimson eyes.

I Don't like it. My chest feels tight.

I envy her.

Her eyes were sparkling with joy, and happiness. Her skin was smooth and white.

When I was her age, I strived to survive and live.

"W-why is it ta-taking so long?" The young miss was panting from walking.

I don't know if she realized that we were walking in circles, but after the third time, she paused and changed her personality.

I told her that I'll carry her on my back but she refused because it would tarnish her or whatever but I don't know the rules of aristocrats.

It's like she was saying 'You're a commoner and I'm not. know your place.'

She also knew all along I tricked her in circles although she was mistaken by the needle.

It's correct that I glared at her with pity and annoyance. It's because I don't like a noble like her living their life with luxury.

'but how did it come to this?'

I was in the solar room behind the young miss but I can't help but to feel threatened.

Her parents were looking at me with a lion's eye.

'They're scaring me.'

Her mother's voice was so loud and I don't understand the way they talk.

It's like I'm inside the tiger's den and the way they look at each other is as cold as the snow season of the south.

I also saw the 'curse of royal blood' in her family meeting. He was standing beside the young miss Sabrina's brother.

He was looking at the ground like some unused rag. It makes sense since he was just adopted.

Looking at the young miss' family, they used to be in the title of Baron but they got in higher because they adopted the fourth prince who was known as "Helbert Dalet"

[ In gematria, dalet symbolizes the number four. ]