Chapter 46: Sudden Change

Ray felt a sharp jolt as he and Sabrina tumbled to the ground, her lithe form landing gracefully on top of him.

The air was suffused with the alluring scent of freshly bloomed roses from the garden, intermingling with the unmistakable aroma of an unexpected connection blossoming between them.

For a suspended moment, their eyes locked, Ray's cheeks flushed, his heart pounding with an intensity he had experienced before.

"Are you alright, miss Sabrina?" Ray's voice trembled with a mix of concern and an attempt to regain his composure. He gently lifted her off him, worry etched across his face.

Sabrina winced, clutching her arm, "I think I may have injured my arm. It HURTS LIKE HELL!"

In a hurried frenzy, Ray called out for someone nearby, but his desperate cries for help echoed unanswered through the empty garden.

The scenario only heightened his anxiety, and a sense of helplessness washed over him.

Seeing Sabrina in deep pain, with her eyes welling up with tears, Ray's heart was thrown into turmoil.

Thoughts seemed to elude him in the face of his nervousness and concern.

Without further consideration, he forgot the aching sensation at his back, his focus now solely on Sabrina's distress.

“S-S-S—

Ray struggled to articulate, his voice trembling with emotion. In a moment of instinct, he gently cradled Sabrina's shoulder with one hand and her knee with the other.

Then, with resolute determination, Ray rose to his feet, Sabrina in his arms, as he carried her like a princess.

“What the HECK ARE YOU THINKING!?” Sabrina exclaimed, her irritation and pain evident. "I'm heavy, Ray! Stop this NOW!"

But Ray's face was firm with resolve, knowing exactly what he needed to do.

“Your injury is my priority right now. I will carry you until we arrive at the clinic.”

“FOR GOD’S SAKE! WHAT IF YOU DROP ME?”

“I won't.” Ray declared confidently.

As they approached the front of the mansion, the sight of Ray carrying Sabrina drew surprised and awed gasps from the servants and maids on the first floor.

Perhaps Sabrina had underestimated her fiance; from the garden to the clinic's doorstep, Ray showed unwavering strength and determination, never faltering or lowering his hands, though Sabrina's growing worry accompanied each step he took on the staircase.

Ray first sought help in the mansion's ground hall, but there was no medical expert present, only servants.

Rehecard, alerted by one of the butlers, hurriedly made his way down to the scene.

With Sabrina still feeling discomfort in her posture, she became increasingly irritated.

“Ray, please stop overacting. Set me DOWN and let me sit in a chair while you fetch some ice. That's all!!” She implored, but it seemed her words fell on deaf ears as Ray continued to panic.

In her own state of panic, Sabrina worried that Ray might drop her.

“SERVANTS! GO GET ME A DOCTOR! HURRY!”