Epilogue, Part One - Ordinary People

Epilogue

Ordinary People

"Tammy you're alive! And you're... flying?!"

Margie poked her head through her bedroom window, and glanced at the ground that was two floors below my feet. I hovered in the air, grinning like a goon. After the showdown in Gentle Woods I'd returned Westley's car and left his yard with no way home, so I'd had to get a little... creative.

"Well, I couldn't exactly ring the doorbell," I replied, as Margie stepped aside, giving me enough room to float through the window. Just for her entertainment I circled the bedroom once before landing gracefully on the carpet.

"So? What happened? I'm dying to know! Did you kick Erica's butt? Did you totally frost the Ice Queen?"

Quickly I went over the details of the night, starting with the fake text from Sienna's phone and ending with how the souls had finally gone to rest. I also told her that Coach Ashby was dead and that she'd been the one responsible for stealing the souls to begin with, but I glossed over the details, purposefully leaving out the gory, bloody bits.

"Friggin cheerleaders," said Margie with a snort. "Figures one of em' would be the bad guy."

"Hey, I'm a cheerleader,"

"No," she replied, shaking her head. "You are a hero. Tammy, you rescued all of those souls, you saved Juliette and Sienna, and by being brave enough to enter the woods alone you probably saved Westley's life too. That's huge."

"Yeah, well, I didn't stop them from completing the spell," I said grimly. "And now the Ice Queen's probably roaming around Harbor right now, terrorizing people while licking a snow cone."

Margie sighed.

"So... what happens now?"

Slowly, I reached behind me and removed the Blade of Woe from where I'd safely tucked it in the back of my jeans. I looked down at it for a few seconds, examining the blade's lethal curve. Westley had worked so hard to protect it, but I knew what I had to do. It was the whole reason why I'd taken it in the first place.

"Now... I make a deal with the devil. I need to find the Ice Queen - but I'll need your help to do it."

"'Course - but how're you gonna find her? I mean, she could be anywhere, right?"

"Yup," I replied, taking a seat on Margie's bed. "But I have this," I said tapping the white butterfly that was still in my hair. "Westley told me that I can use my dreams to get to anyone I want as long as I have an object belonging to them. And I can take anything I want with me as long as I'm holding on to it. Hand me that duct tape on your dresser, will you?"