𝟎𝟓. 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

chapter five

chapter five . . .
wither into the truth

The next day, it'd been raining. The headmistress and Silva walked and engaged in conversation.

"Must've brought back memories, seeing a Burned One after so long." Silva spoke.

"Too many." The headmistress agreed. "The Black Woods Massacre. Our excursion to Maravet Falls."

"Feels like a lifetime ago." Silva said.

"Didn't you keep the kill count?" The headmistress asked him.

"Thirteen, personally." He said. The headmistress stopped in her steps and gave him a "really?" look.

"What? As in my sword in it's flesh." He said. "Of course I had help. I could never take one down entirely on my own, but apparently you still can."

The headmistress clicks her tongue in reply. "I got lucky. It didn't see me coming." She said as they continued walking.

"How much Zanbaq did you give it?" He asked.

"Enough." She said while putting her palm on the barrier and they walked through. "It should be out cold."

Inside a barn there was a chained up Burned One, who let out soft snarls and appeared to be sleeping.

Silva and the headmistress walked into the barn and closed the doors behind themselves.

"What do you expect to discover when you're inside it's mind?" Silva asked her.

"Answers." She said. "I'll sleep better knowing it's a line wolf." She added.

"And if it's not?" He questioned. "If there are more?" He asked while she looked up at him.

She gave him no answer, and began to walk up towards the Burned One and crouched down in front of it.

He eyes glowed and she lifted her hand toward the Burned One— all the while Silva watched behind her carefully.

"Just be careful, Farah." He told her.

She then proceeded to close her eyes to go through the Burned One's memories. She saw flashes of a man and images of Bloom looking frightened. The Burned One suddenly awoke. And the headmistress jumped back in shock while Silva caught her from under her arms and pulled her away.The burned one let out ferocious snarls and tried to swipe at Farah.

Adella woke up due to the whirring sound of an electric toothbrush.