𝟎𝟔. 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

chapter six

chapter six . . .
stella's ring

"So, here's what we should do." Aisha said as all the girls— except Stella, gathered at the lunch table. "Maybe we can make a list of emotional triggers—" She began to inform but was interrupted by Bloom.

"Aisha, um, I appreciate what you're doing, but I can figure this out on my own." Bloom said.

"I'm sure. I just think you might be in your head about the whole changeling stuff and overthinking." Aisha said softly with furrowed brows.

"So everyone knows." Bloom sighed.

"Oh, is that why you freaked out at the Vessel? That makes more sense cause that's gonna be the easiest assignment we'll have, and I'm making it worse." Terra stopped as she saw Musa gesturing for her to stop talking.

"So we have a plan to get my ring back." Stella spoke as she arrived to the table along side Sky.

"What's this?" Musa asked while observing the map Stella laid out on the table.

"It's Alfea." Terra said. "The little dotted line is the Barrier, and that's the Crag Creek." She added while pointing to spots on the map as she spoke. "Wind Meadow!" She continued with excitement. "When I was a kid, I'd spend every—"

"Great story, Ter." Stella said in an unamused tone.

"No, it's a really good story. Listen." Terra said. "So I used to go and practice my magic by trying to swirl leaves into this little fab cycling thing."

As Terra continued with her story, Adella was sure she wasn't the only one at the table that zoned out.

"... and the ladybird wasn't there, it was on my face. How funny is that?" Terra finished while chuckling.

"Hilarious. Um, Sky?" Stella said. "Where do you think they're keeping it again?" She asked him with a touch on his arm as he stood.

"Um..." He faltered and sent a quickly glance at Bloom that only Adella seemed to have noticed. "Uh, there's only so many buildings outside the Barrier that can secure a creature like that. There's the barn and the mill." He continued.

"Oh. The barn would be my bet." Terra said. "Uh, my dad fortified the beams because he was chaining this wounded horse—" She added.

"So we just have to sneak in there and get my ring." Stella stated cutting Terra off once again.

"Strange how casually you're tossing about the word we." Adella said.

"Yeah, sounds more like a "you" kinda deal." Musa said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Except I didn't lose it." Stella stated.

"But you gave it to her, so it's technically your fault." Adella smiled.