𝟏𝟎. 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

chapter ten

chapter ten . . .
forgiveness

After everything that'd been going on lately, Adella decided that she wanted to take a break from everything and focus on her own problems.

For example, Adella had all her attention to researching on elemental fairies. There was no luck in the search. She did however come across proof that certain pages in the book had been ripped out.

She had to admit. This was all a distraction to keep herself from thinking about Riven. She hadn't spoken to him since the night of the party.

Adella was held up in her room with books covering every inch of her bed while she chewed on her bottom lip and jotted down notes in her notebook.

Adella was interrupted by a continuous knock on her door.

"I'm coming!" She shouted as she grabbed her top from the floor and pulled it over her head while stumbling to the door.

"Jeez, are you ok—" She started once she swung open the door only to stop at the sight of a Riven who had dark bags under his eyes.

"Oh. It's you." Adella muttered.

"Can I come in for a few minutes?" Riven asked softly. He missed Adella. He would usually enjoy watching her from afar, but according to Terra, Adella hadn't left her room in a while.

"Yeah, sure." Adella said as she opened the door wider for him to enter.

"What are you—"

"I'm sorry—"

The two shuffled awkwardly as they settled into silence.

"Go ahead." Adella whispered while avoiding his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Riven started. "For everything." He added softly.

"What exactly are you sorry for? We're not together, Riven." Adella said.

"But I wanted to be!" Riven shouted. "I wanted to be with you. I want to be with you." He exclaimed causing Adella's soft features to soften slightly.

"Are you with Beatrix or not, Riven?" She asked while dropping her chin to her chest.

Waking over to her, Riven brought his finger under her chin so that he could look into her eyes.

"I'm not with her, and I've never wanted to be." He said without breaking eye contact. "She sold me some bullshit story and I fell for it. She had Dane and I wrapped around her finger while she was off murdering people." Riven added.

"But—" Whatever Adella had to say was thrown out the window the second Riven pressed his soft lips against hers. His lips were warm, soft. Her lips parted slightly, allowing his tongue to slip inside as he backed her into a near wall.

Their bodies pressed together heatedly against the wall, breathing heavily as their lips pressed together in sync. Adella could taste their shared breath and desire, feel the thud of their combined heartbeat as they poured everything that they couldn't say aloud to one another. The two only then pull away from each other for air.

"You have no idea just how special you are, Adella." Riven whispered to her as his breath fanned across her lips.

"I missed you." Adella whispered as she leant her head against his chest while his arms wrapped her waist.

"I missed you even more." Riven said as he let he chin rest against her head.

"I forgive you." Adella told him as she pulled back from their embrace. "Break my heart again and I'll break you in half." She smiled up at him.

After their heartfelt moment, the two lounged around in Adella's bedroom and talked about quite of few things.

Adella got to see a side of Riven that she'd never seen, and he got to see a side of her that he'd never seen before.

They were going to be okay. She knew it.

note: ok this is short ik. but this my last chapter for today lovies. i know she forgave him a bit easily but whatever... it's fiction. just don't do this in real life ladies.... riven and adella will be nothing but happy now :) i'm kind of upset that season two of this show hasn't came out yet lol. we only have a few chapters left :( i might consider putting in filler chapters.

note:*edited 8/9/23