♥ three ♥

"There is no freaking way I have this many soulmates!" I whined, sliding out of my chair and onto the ground. Minsu blinked, unfazed while Jugyeong smiled, apologizing to those around us. She pulled me off the floor and sat me back in my chair.

"Y/n what's so bad about multiple soulmates?" Minsu asked, crossing her arms and leaning back. I slowly turned to look at her with a mad glare. 

"Hi, Minsu! My name is Y/n and I didn't even want one soulmate. Are ya new here?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes. 

"Calm down Y/n. This isn't bad. How many do you even have?" Jugyeong snapped. 

"Seven. I have seven freaking tally marks on my right thigh."

"Still don't see what's so bad about that," Minsu muttered, taking a sip of her juice. I narrowed my eyes before taking a drink of my latte. 

"What if it's awkward? I mean rejecting all seven?"

"See you were going to reject them!" Minsu shot, sitting up straight in her seat.

"No! I mean-" I glanced at Jugyeong for help. She just shook her head, her arms crossed and mouth full of a red velvet cupcake.

"So how do soulmate things work?" She finally asked when she swallowed the cupcake.

I sighed before reaching into my memories for that passage I read the one time about soulmates.

"Once you turn 21 you get a talley mark signifying how many soulmates you have. Or if you have one at all. Once you get close to your soulmate and in touching distance, the talley mark starts to turn into a stroke in their initials within the next few days. Then you know the initials of their names to find them again."

"I'll never get over your incredible memory," Minsu chuckled, biting into her pink cupcake. I nodded quietly before grabbing my croissant. 

"Something still isn't checking out. Why is it white? Everyone I've met has black or violet," Jugyeong pointed out, skimming over the marks with her fingers.

"I'm pretty sure it means I'm supposed to love all of them but they only love me. Like they share me or something? I don't really know. My mom explained it all to me as a kid," I explained, taking another bite.

"So you mean they share you? That's a weird relationship. I would've expected them to all be soulmates too. So you're like a big group or something," Minsu shrugged.

"At least the chances of ever meeting your soulmate are super slim. I'm probably worrying over nothing," I sighed, biting into the crunchy piece of bread. 

Jugyeong slammed her palms on the table, standing up. "Are you kidding Yun Y/n?! I would kill to find my soulmates!"

"When your 21 Jugyeong. 21 and you'll make your choice," Minsu giggled. 

Jugyeong slowly sat back down with a pout before muttering, "being 20 sucks. Why does June have to be so far away?"

"Jugyeong June was last month. You just turned 20," I shook my head, laughing a little. She let out a long groan.

"Exactlyyyyy! I just turned 20 and I want 21 already," she whined, kicking the base of the table lightly.

"Whatever."

"Hey, Y/n I have something that will change your mood!" Minsu announced, standing up and grabbing my wrist. Jugyeong stood up and followed us out onto the street.

"Planning to get me hit by a car?!" I shouted when a bus flew by and almost took my arm with it.

"Nope. It's at my house. It's your present! Come on," she smiled, pulling me in the direction of her apartment, Jugyeong close behind.

                                                                 .⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

"So where is it?" I asked when Minsu came back into the living room. I and Jugyeong had sat down on her couch and started watching the tv.

"I have tickets~" 

We both launched off the couch at her. "TO WHO?!" I shouted. 

"BTS!"

Jugyeong started screaming but I sat back down with my arms crossed. A scowl crossed my face.

"Go without me please," I sighed, waving my hand at them.

"What why?" Jugyeong asked, sitting next to me.

"BTS? Seriously? I don't stan them. I will only ever stan my Stray Kids."

"No one else ever?" Minsu asked, dumbfounded.

"Yep." I know I was being a brat but BTS was the last thing I wanted. A competitor to Stray Kids. No way.

"Well, it was a joke anyway...I got Stray Kids tickets!" she shouted, throwing a pillow at me. I jumped up and grabbed her arm, swinging her in a circle, dancing wildly.

No, I'm not a brat. I can just act like my true self around them. And if my true self pouts about BTS tickets, I'm gonna pout. 

"When when?" I asked, jumping around. 

"Tomorrow night! I got special tickets so I'm pretty sure we're like right against the stage."

"Yes! I get to see my boy, Felix!" I looked over at Jugyeong who had been pretty quiet up to this point.

"Jugyeong you okay?" I asked, tilting my head. She shook her head at the ground and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I should get going anyway. Need all my sleep for tomorrow night!" she hugged us and left rather quickly.

"Hm something seems wrong," I commented, sitting back down on the couch.

"Yeah..." she hesitated before sitting down next to me and cuddling a pillow of a blue koala. 

"Aw so cute! What's he from?" I asked, grabbing the pillow from her. She bit her lip before grabbing him back. 

"His name is Koya. Isn't he cute?"

"Yeah totally!" Why's she avoiding my question? I dropped the subject and paid attention to the tv screen playing. 

Maybe I could get that birthday feeling back.

                                                                 .⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

[Edit 11/04/22: I'm in tears reading the comments.]