Kuroo Tetsurou - Eyes

BAM! *whistle*

(y/n) mindlessly flipped the little paper flaps revealing the number six. Then, again; another ball slamming to the ground, another point for that team, another whistle blowing, another flipping of the paper flaps.

P.E. was always the same every time they played volleyball. The team with Kuroo in it would absolutely destroy the other one, (y/n) would almost always excuse herself and keep score just to keep the teacher happy, and then it would end.

She sat on the few stairs leading to the exit of the gym, holding her head in her hands as she watched Kuroo jump for yet another spike that went right through the arms of the student on the other side of the net. His shirt lifted up a little, revealing his well-built body, gaining (y/n)'s attention, who admired a healthy lifestyle, knowing she could never be one of those people who play sports like their life depended on it.

She enjoyed watching sports, but didn't play. It took too much time out of her days and the pressure of expectations was too much for her to handle. She sat there in a daze, time had almost stopped for a second as she stared at Kuroo, which made her forget her job for a second, and she forgot to flip the flaps (lol) and assign Kuroo's team another point.

Kuroo looked her way to check on the score, and his eyes met hers. It was very brief, but powerful enough to shake (y/n) out of her daze so she could assign that point. Her face flushed in heat and she looked down, hoping he hadn't noticed her staring.

The two had never really talked, they only did occasionally in class, sometimes when debating mathematical topics, comparing answers, but they never really talked.

Kuroo didn't really think much of it, he only thought she was looking at him because he had just spiked, and everyone else was looking at him, but meeting her eyes still gave him a rush, his heart beating even faster than it was before.

Kuroo never really had much luck with the ladies, as surprising as it might be. He either intimidated them too much or they just didn't like him, so her looking at him was a first experience and it made him a bit excited. He pulled up his shirt to dry the sweat trickling down his forehead before looking her way again, his hands on his hips, panting due to the fatigue. He always went all out in P.E.

(y/n) decided to avoid his gaze for the rest of the game, embarrassed that he caught her staring, but it was so hard to pry her eyes away from him. Something about not being supposed to do it made her want to stare at him even more.

The way he played was so mesmerizing, the way he ran his hands through his hair, the way his leg muscles were accentuated when he bent down to receive, and the most attractive thing she found about him were his hands: the duality of, one minute, softly setting the ball, and the next, slamming it into the ground with full force, it amazed her.

She'd never really looked at him that way, because she almost always saw him in class, in his uniform, and never paid much attention to him in P.E. But now, the way his sweat made his shirt stick to his toned body kind of had her wondering how she could miss such a presence.

Kuroo started subconsciously trying even harder, to earn another stare from her. He felt his heart flutter a bit at the thought that there might actually be something there with her. Meanwhile (y/n) was doing the exact opposite of what he wanted, she only looked at the teacher that was indicating who the point went to, and would only sneak a very quick look while he wasn't looking.

However, at one point he looked at her as he was jumping for a spike, catching her off guard seeing as she thought he would be too concentrated on the game to look. As their eyes met, time slowed down once again; he seemed to be saying "you better keep your eyes on me", (y/n)'s heart was beating a mile a minute and, feeling the demand in his look, she couldn't help but oblige.