From The Author

༄༄༄

Before throwing you into the story and all the deadly adventures, I first want to say a few words as the author.

First, as usual, thank you for giving this story a chance! If you've read any of my stories before or if you've found my Wattpad page for the first time, thank you anyway! You know characters are only alive and breathing as long as there is a reader who believes in them, right?

Second, there are people asking why I suddenly went for LGBTQ+ fantasy after writing two straight MCs. The short answer: because I feel like writing it. Because I want to explore new feelings in writing and new parts of me. Because I feel like I've something to say, and I want to say it. I mean...come on! Do I really need to explain it? I hope not.

That said, the main romance in this story is queer, as you've figured. Period. I know my readers and friends are open-minded people, free from old-fashioned stereotypes, but if, by any chance, you ended up opening this story and you're not ready to read about the world where everyone is free to be who they are, scroll past. Leave your hatred and phobia to yourself. Thank you.

Oh, the last (but not the least important) thing!

This story is LGBT-themed, with a whole range of queer characters, yet it's not about proving something (no homophobia exists in this story's society--by default). I strongly believe that love is love, and every person on this planet is unique yet equal. And, if we're all equal, we have nothing to prove, right? All we need is to never forget that. We need to speak more of what unites us, not makes us different or how or why, we need to learn to understand each other, not fight. That's why this is a story aimed to show the world with the beauty in its diversity, where everyone can live side by side, in peace, no matter how unfamiliar our (and our characters') cultures, languages, points of view, fears, dreams, etc.

Still, this is also a story about war--magical war, of course, as it's a fantasy. I write it, living in an unstable modern reality, which is cruel and unjust in many ways, as we all know. Maybe I can't change the reality, but--I can speak up, with the voices of my characters. For the better future, as they say. This is a story where I once again want to remind my readers--and myself--that even a magical war is wrong. There are no winners in bloodshed. There are no winners in death. That's what my characters are about to learn, too.

This is a story about learning to listen and hear and understand each other. About letting go of the past stereotypes that, perhaps, once helped us survive, but no longer serve their purpose nowadays. About learning to live in the present. About amending mistakes and forgiveness. About people (characters) who were brought up in different worlds and still found a way to be a team.

To finish this on a happier note, I also want to say that this story is about modern royal intrigues, epic rivalry, wicked (or misunderstood) magic, family bonds, friendships, and true-true-true love. Spiced up with lots of banter, emotional roller coaster, and occatinal hot and naked parts.

And now...

...welcome to Cabracan 🖤

༄༄༄