Chapter 47

No one's POV:

"Everyone! It's time." Aro announces, the entire guard freezes up and looks at their king with slight confusion until they remember why they have been training recently. They all left to collect their robes and Bonnie was explaining the situation to all three children. "The three of you will hold my hands and not let go until you are told to do so. It's going to be dangerous and it's likely someone will die or be injured so if you get scared, you can hide behind me or close your eyes. As long as you hold my hands and hold onto one another you will be hidden from everyone around you. Now- let's get ready for the trip!" Bonnie says to her children and Athenodora's daughter in an attempt to prep them as much as possible. The entire coven knows they've had bad experiences with vampires out side of the coven and are worried that this will be too much for them, even if they look like teens they are still children.

"Alright, go grab your coats." The three of them rush off, leaving Bonnie and Marcus to think for a minute. "Y-you don't think we'll have to fight. Right?" Marcus cups her cheek and nuzzles into her softly. "Let's just hope they listen to reason." Bonnie smiles sadly and goes to their nest to collect her coat alongside Marcus.

"Let us depart children!" That's another thing Bonnie is still getting used to; the coven is literally a huge family and some of the guard have even begun to call her mother or mom even though they're older. Marcus finds her shocked face quite funny and so do all the guards who keep calling her mother.

"We will move swiftly and silently. All of us should be in Forks by dawn tomorrow and not any later." Caius growls. "Impatient as ever" His mate chuckles to herself.

The journey in itself didn't feel long but it was quite tedious trying to constantly hide from view. Unlike the warm, sunny skies of Volterra, Forks was hidden under a blanket of freshly fallen snow. A shiver ran down Bonnie's spine and made her twitch slightly. "Damn Phantom cold..." She grumbles to herself, the kids get a small laugh out of it before they're silenced and told to hold hands.

Stood before them were multiple covens from many areas of the world, many had red eyes and some didn't, they even had the pack along side them. It was a sight to behold. Even seeing Bella in all her newborn glory made it seem wrong. Bella said a few times that she would be a beautiful vampire and would be vegetarian like the Cullens and love being together forever, but...something just doesn't seem right. She had dark circles under her eyes and a tired look on her face, the child held her mother's hand close and looked up worryingly at her. What is going on?

"Aro." Edward says in an almost hiss, it was obvious from the get go that he was going to fight and it wasn't likely he was going to listen to reason. "We have no need to fight." He adds on. Aro hums, "Fair words, Young mason boy. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us." He growls at the Volturi's king but bites his tongue. "No laws have been broken."

The entire Volturi knew this was all an act until we revealed the truth but Aro's anger and resentment towards Edward was real. "We see the child, do not treat us as fools." Caius hissed back at the ex-Cullen boy. He looks back at his child and mate then yells, "She is not an immortal! These witnesses are here to show you that. Or you could see for yourself. You can see the flush of human d I her cheeks." But before Edward could continue Caius let out a very bored and grumpy growl, "Artifice!" Aro holds up his hand and stops his soul brother before he says anything more, after all Aro does love drama.

"I will collect every facet of the truth. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume this is of your doing." Aro holds out his hand like he has done to so many others and waits for him to walk towards him. As soon as Edward gets close enough he grasps his hand and sees everything. "I'd like to meet her." Aro says, this made heads turn. None of the Coven were expecting for him to actually meet the child or speak in such as soft tone when on the battlefield.