Ch. One

Y/N jumped as they heard someone crash against a locker. Then, they sighed in the realization of who was part of the commotion.

Gerard Way.

They had to admit that they didn't know him personally, but what they did know was that they shouldn't mess with him. Only being at this school for a couple of days now, Y/N had gotten to know the place a little bit-at least enough to get around. Just focus on getting to class, do the work you're being handed, and get home safely. Rinse and repeat, and they should be able to survive their senior and final year of high school here in New Jersey.

This would all be way easier if the people at Y/N's school weren't so tense. Everyone was out smoking and drinking and doing drugs, and Y/N was just having none of it. They preferred plugging in their earbuds, with their now pretty busted up iPod, and letting the world be drowned out with their favorite music.

What can you say? Y/N was sure an angsty teen.

They continued off to their first-period class and tried their best not to look back at all the ruckus. Despite their best efforts, they gave into their urges and took a quick glance at what was now a bunch of people circling Gerard and his current "victim". Y/N regretted getting distracted almost immediately as they bumped into someone else in the hallway. An audible clank followed right after.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry!" a quite tall girl with shoulder length dark brown hair apologized.

Y/N then looked down at the ground in the realization their iPod was shattered into pieces. The girl quickly knelt down and tried picking up as much of the broken device as possible. Y/N looked up at her to see a tall brown girl with shoulder length hair.

"I'm so sorry! I should've been more aware of my surroundings," the girl said, obviously trying to keep herself calm while also very obviously failing at it.

"No, no, I'm the one who looked behind me when I was walking forward~"

"How much was it? The iPod, I mean! I can't just break it like that and move on like nothing happened," she offered.

Y/N was stunned at the girl's nervousness. Though, if they were honest, they would probably react the same way if they also accidentally broke someone's iPod.

"Um, no, really it's fine. The thing was already on the edge of cracking at any moment anyway. If you hadn't taken it out, I would've done it myself either way," Y/N assured her.

"Are you sure?" the girl questioned Y/N's passiveness.

"Yeah, I'm positive," they tried to make sure the message came across with a smile.

"Oh, okay. I'm Jaime by the way," Jaime nervously introduced herself.

Y/N stared at her slightly confused. In the entire time they had been here, no one had really taken the time to talk with them. And here they were, with the not-so-stranger anymore who broke the iPod they'd had for nearly three years now. It was kind of funny to them in a way.

"Oh right! Now I have to introduce myself!" they snapped back to reality, "I'm, um, Y/N," they said a bit nervously.

"Yeah, we have science together," Jaime responded.

"I haven't been here for that long. It's fine if you've barely noticed my existence," Y/N said.

"To be fair, if you aren't rich, white, or a total jerk, you're not gonna be granted the title of 'one of the popular kids'," Jaime said in all honesty.

"Yeah, I've kinda noticed that already in the mere days I've been here," Y/N said.

Jaime was about to speak before she was cut off by the bell, signaling that passing period was now nearly over.