Ch. Three

Y/N was peacefully doodling in their notebook during History. It was nothing special, just a very rough sketch of someone playing the drums. The tranquility of the classroom was then suddenly disrupted by a yell.

"How many times do I gotta teach you this lesson, dickhead!" Gerard spat at the same guy from the other day sitting in his seat.

"Just give him back his seat, Cole," Gerard's fluffy-haired friend advised him.

"First come, first serve, Gee," Cole mocked. Y/N looked around, seeing that the teacher was nowhere in sight, a worried expression formed on their face.

"Do want me to fuck you up so bad, you won't be recognizable by the end of this damn class?!" Gerard threatened.

"I'd like to see you try," Cole looked completely unfrightened by his words. Gerard immediately grabbed at Cole's collar and tried pulling him up from the seat. Cole placed his hands on both Gerard's shoulders and pushed him back, making Gerard forcefully release his grip from his shirt.

Y/N sat there watching it all go down, and they questioned whether they should say or even do something about it. Before they could even think of something to do, their History teacher walked in, and he sighed at the site of the two boys' conflict.

"We're not doing this again, Way, just choose another seat," he said, obviously done with the students' bullcrap.

Gerard groaned in annoyance, looking at his friend who also seemed equally disappointed. He took the same seat on the left side of the room where he had sat last time, right next to Y/N. They were a little surprised but tried not to think much of it since this wasn't the first time he had to sit next to them. They thought about saying something to him. It wouldn't be the first time they had a one-on-one conversation; they recalled yesterday's Art class.

Maybe something to cheer him up from the whole Cole situation?

But someone like them, casually talking to someone like him? One time is already somewhat unbelievable, but for it to become the usual? Y/N felt silly just thinking about it. There was no way he would even want to talk to them. Trying to start a conversation with him yesterday was a pain in the ass enough as it was.

Who's to say today would be any different?

Gerard was in his similar cross-armed position just like he was the day before when Cole had decided to take his seat. He looked frustrated, and it was obvious he didn't make much of an effort to pay attention to the lesson. Y/N felt kind of bad for him, as—from the looks of it—he just wanted to sit with his friend over there. They sighed and focused on the lecture.

Near the end of the class period and once the lesson was over, Cole got up from Gerard's used-to-be seat, just to take another. He was clearly doing it to annoy Gerard, and it seemed to be working. Gerard was shooting him the most death-defying glare, and Cole was getting nothing but pure amusement out of it. It was kind of a surreal sight for Y/N. They had never seen Gerard get so humiliated by someone else. And he was getting away with it too... so far.

"Cole sure isn't giving you a break, huh?" Y/N finally spoke, their voice shaking a bit.

"You have no fucking idea..." Gerard began, "That bastard's gonna pay for going for another round of this shit." He then got up and walked over to his friend on the other side of the room.

"Hey, it's not worth it, Gerard," his friend began, "He's just doing it to piss you off."

Gerard continued to look angry, but also seemed to be contemplating something. Then, he sighed, seeming to give into his friend's convincing. Then, the bell rang, the first period was over, and Y/N made their way to their second class.