you were alone...

newts POV.

i kinda felt stupid when tommy told me the mix up. i was so scared he no longer loved me, but as i felt his arms wrapped around me in his room those doubts were banished. his head was tucked into my back and his breathing was slow. i had quickly explained the situation to minho. as to save tommy from getting his body torn limb from limb.

as we lay in his bed he held me tight as if scared i would disappear.
we'd arrived at his house a couple hours ago and all of us had been chilling out for a bit. galley and minho were downstairs watching star wars and me and tommy just lay in his room, enjoying one another's presence.

a thought came to me. one i'd been meaning to ask for a while.

"tommy?"

he hummed, his hot breath tickling my back.

"how come those guys called you stiles?"

i heard an audible sigh from behind me. i turned to face him, his eyes cast down.

"before i- we were taken my name here was stiles, i didn't tell them my name when i came back. i tried to settle into that rhythm of their friend again."
he muttered.

did no one here know? how long had he been dealing with this? i pulled him into a tight embrace. he tensed before relaxing into me.

"tommy why didn't you tell anyone?"
i whisper softly. my heart ached knowing he was on his own throughout all this.

"i wanted to forget it, and they asked too many questions. my old friends... they- well let's just say they don't seem to care too much for me. only themselves and the small drama within their groups, not to mention their massive rule on not killing people."

he chuckled bitterly about the rule. stupid rule, not everyone has the luxury of being so safe you don't have to shoot someone. or snap their neck.

"oh tommy."
i sighed

"really it's okay, now i've got you guys so it's better than okay!"

"but you were alone. for so long"

"ah it's not too bad. just a couple nightmares, but hey! a little insomnia never killed anyone"

before i could respond gally burst into the room. excitement covered his features, both of us sat up in bed with a start.

"alby. he's coming. we found him"

gally barked, he was smiling brightly. before we could say anything
minho stumbled in behind him. happiness glinting in his eyes.

"he, aris and brenda were staying together in florida! they'll be here in two hours"
he panted. somehow out of breath although he's a runner.

Tommy's whole demeanour changed from his previous slightly broken state.

"no shucking way, you guys are amazing."
he laughed. it sounded empty.

an idea struck me
"hey. how bout when they arrive we have a bonfire. like old times! tommy, you know any cool places to go?"
i said and looked to my side.

his chocolate brown met my hazel eyes. and a small smile found it's way to his face. i smiled back.

"yeah, there's this small cliff area that would be perfect. gallys gotta make his special 'concoction' though."

the rest of us cheered, gally and minho raced back down the stairs to start getting ready. tommy lowered himself onto the bed again. he reached out and pulled me down with him, i complied. he latched onto me and buried further into the bed.

after a while i was sure he fell asleep, slowly i got up, lifting his arm off me i managed to get out his iron grip.

as quietly as possible i left the room and went downstairs to talk to gally and minho.
the two were stood around a pot on the oven, gally occasionally adding something or searching the cupboards for different liquors.

"hey, guys, did you tell your families what happened to you?"
i ask. both of them responded with a 'yeah of course.'

"why do you ask?"
minho questioned, glancing towards me.

"tommy didn't. he didn't tell anyone."
i mutter.

i'm still slightly upset about that. not only for tommy who went through that alone but angry no one asked about it. not even his father.

when i said that minho spun round and looked pretty shocked. gally didn't react.

"yeah, it took literal gambolling to get him to run the other day. i had to make a bet he couldn't refuse."
gally said waving his hand nonchalantly

minho turned to him.

"they didn't even know he could run??"

"well no, they were used to 'stiles' who was unfit and weak. not thomas"

"what was the bet?"
minho asked a little confused. so was i.

"who got to hug newt first"

i chuckled, of course that's what would get him to run. although i would have hugged him first anyway.

"how has his lie even held up"
minho asked bewildered

"barely, he's slipped up a lot, claimed the reason he was so good at fighting was cause he had to train after getting 'kidnapped' like that made sense"

what the shucking hell? tommy said he was kidnapped?

"be prepared to lie as well guys cause that will be his excuse for knowing you two, you met at the training place. to his father it will be cause you're new to town"
gally finished. he took a spoon and had a small sip of his 'beverage'  before grimacing

"not strong enough"
then he poured an entire bottle of bright blue tequila into the pot and stirred it vigorously. the liquid looked radioactive.

suddenly there was a crash from upstairs. we snapped our heads round and someone went barrelling down the stairs. with a gun in hand tommy tuned the corner to us. his eyes were wild.

once he saw me he visibly relaxed, he put his pistol back in the holder on his leg and hurried over to me. enveloping me in a hug.

"i was so scared you guys were either dying or were never here"

he whispered. he pulled away to look at me, tears pricked his eyes.

" i was so shucking scared. now it seems stupid though"

he swallowed a sob and i brought him back into a hug. rubbing small circles into his back.

"tommy, it's okay, we're still here, come lie down, i promise not to go anywhere"

"ok"

he picked me up and walked back up the stairs. gally wolf whistled loudly. i stuck my middle finger up at him.
he feigned hurt and crumpled to the floor.
minho was just smirking.
bloody hell, it's not like we're going to fuck.

tommy laid us down again on his bed and wrapped his arms around my waist. pulling me towards him.

i kissed his cheek then his nose and he chuckled. a small blush blossoming on his cheeks.

"i'm sorry for freaking out."

"no tommy it's okay. we're here for you now. forever"
i whisper

he gave me a lopsided grin then  tucked his head in the crook of my neck. we had a couple hours to kill, why not sleep through them?

so we did. clinging to one another like a lifeline.

yay new part. idfk where i'm going with this i just think stiles was neglected by the pack so fuck the pack.