old packmate

i thought the photo was funny also here's a part cuz i love derek and he is cool and stuff so yeh.

thomas' POV
all of my glader pack sat with me cramped together in a booth the red frayed seats were so nostalgic. we were currently sitting in my favourite coffee shop although i always ordered tea.

everyone had a beverage clasped in their hands and for such a nice environment the atmosphere was cold. everyone was serious and bitter. it was understandable.

"look we could go beat them up and tell them to shuck off"
alby began shooting gally a look at his basic plan gally just flipped him off.
"or- we could tell them what happened-"

"out of the question"
i butted in

"look that pack. hates killers, goes against every moral they have. a couple killers were or are in the pack but they were never truly IN the pack, so if we tell them... they will always follow us and track us and hunt us"
i wish what i was saying was wrong. i wish it was a lie or a terrible misunderstanding easily resolved i really do but i'm telling the truth. even accidental kills will make them hate you, trust me i have experience.

newt held my hand comfortingly under the table. squeezing it three times every now and again. i squeezed back. i looked at him out the corner of my eyes, his eyebrows were knit and he was chewing his bottom lip  as he tried to think of an appropriate plan.

"well what do we do?"
gally barked exasperated

"leave it alone"

"that crazy kid will go after thomas' dad again no way"

"threaten them?"

"what and have them reign down on us with every supernatural being they can find?"

"kill them"

"okay not a chance we do not need any more blood on our hands thanks gally"

"welp that was my last brilliant plan"
gally sighed and sipped at his coffee.

the table fell into a sullen silence, this was all so unnecessarily difficult. i just wanted to mess about with my family. 

just then i saw someone walk through the door. my eyes lit up. i stood quickly, happiness building in my chest. my group seemed a little confused at the sudden action. i walked over to him grinning from ear to ear.

"no way. sour wolf?"

i laugh as he whips his head round to see me. a smile breaks out of his serious features.

"fuck off. stiles? is that really you? where did you go. thought you were dead, thought that smart mouth of yours finally caught up to you"

i chuckle
"nah still kicking. miracle really, it's nice to see your sorry ass again. oh wait i wanna introduce you to my friends. be nice?"

derek huffs and rolls his eyes before walking over to the table and greeting everyone.

they looked a little wary at first.

"guys this is derek he's one of the nice but also incredibly scary wolves"
i say smiling. sure we started off pretty rough, what with all the death threats. but eventually we actually became friends, always climbing on roofs to look at the stars or just doing stupid shit like stealing my dads police car and putting the sirens on as we sped round town. i was grounded for a solid four months after that stunt, worth it though. my favourite memory is when we filled a bunch of balloons up with paint and covered the front of school in them we never got caught for that one although my dad had his suspicions.

turns out as menacing as derek looks he loves to do reckless things and drink till the sun comes up. that's what we had in common and that's why we became friends, while the pack was hellbent on being serious and grown up, we would go hotwire cars or smoke weed.

after i assured them derek was actually nice the rest of my friends shook his hand and i offered for him to sit with us.

"i would say i'm in a hurry to get out of a social situation but honestly i'd love to know more about you guys"
he says truthfully

"wow you have really softened up huh?"

"watch it stillinski"
he half threatens.

gally pats him on the back heartily

"i like this guy"
he states grinning.

for the next few hours we forgot about making a strategy and just messed around. when we had all finished our fourth cup of coffee or other beverage we headed back to my place. derek came too.

"damn thomas you still haven't gotten over die hard and star wars?"
derek laughs as i put diehard 4 in.
"hey they are works of art"
we told him about the name swap, in fact we told him almost everything, i trusted derek way more than anyone else in the pack and knew he could keep a secret.
we all settled down for a movie night newt was on my left, derek on my right. a large bowl of popcorn on my lap.

we ended up having a movie marathon and watched every single die hard followed by every james bond. needless to say almost everyone was asleep by the end, gally had passed out with aris on the other sofa, the rest were sprawled on the floor, brendas foot was in frypans face and frypan had flopped over albys legs. the sun was rising when the final movie was over.
i glanced at newt who slept soundly by me, his head rested on my shoulder and hugging my arm tightly  i brushed a stray lock of his hair off his face lightly.

"you really love him don't you?"
derek mused from beside me
i gave him a friendly punch

"so what if i do?"

"guess i'm surprised someone put up with the sarcasm that pours out your mouth"

i scoffed

"i can be charming and charismatic when i want to"
i retorted

"and still  i have yet to see either of those things"

"well i still have yet to see you open a jar of pickles without throwing it against a wall"

"hey not my fault the manufacturers are insolent"

" next time you feel like smashing a glass against a wall cause you can't open it just remember lefty loosely righty tighty"
i sing

he smiled slightly before faltering
"some other wolf is here"
he growled, his body tensed up as he rose from the sofa. i put a protective arm round newt and kept my hand near my pistol.
derek sniffed the air. he stopped, then rolled his eyes heavily.

"scott's stalking you"
he sighed

"yeah. i know"
his head whipped round to face me.

"well are you gonna do anything or sit on your ass all day?"

i groan
"is he still here first"

"no he bolted"

of course he did.

"derek we need a plan and if i'm honest you and me were tag team champions when it came to actual solid plans."

he nodded and we began discussing how to go about this.

half of its proof read the other half's not :0