strengths and weaknesses

all the gladers were scattered round deatons office, deaton had taken a sample of their blood earlier. he did so easily except with gally who freaked out at the needle and punched him.

deaton strolled back into his office, all the others turned to him. he had a ripe purple bruise under his eye and a grave expression.

"you all may want to sit down for this"

they obliged, thomas had newts hand clasped in his own and rubbed patterns on the back of it. derek was the only one who remained standing and was watching deaton intently.
with all their focus solely on him deaton began:

"you are not supernatural like derek however it appears you have been tested on before, these tests have granted specific abilities to each one of you, this is due to your dna being ever so slightly modified, i won't ask how you all found yourselves in positions where you had this unnatural blip but i'm sure you all are aware of such a time you could have been tested on. anyway,  gally: you have enhanced strength and eyesight. read this sign for me"

deaton held up a piece of paper and the rest squinted to see, tiny font covered the page.

gally spoke up in a bored tone
"bandersnatch black mirror, is that the entire script?"

deaton gave a knowing smile and moved on to the others. thomas had enhanced strength too as well as an influx of adrenaline five times stronger than a normal human this would allow him to achieve strenuous tasks faster and for longer. deaton held up a cinder block which thomas broke with one punch. newt had stronger hearing and more flexible, he was able to bend his arm round completely. deaton made him climb the side of a building and flip down. aris and frypan also had better hearing so deaton asked them what was happening in town, one guy was getting into a fight with four girl scouts. frypan was also more durable, his skin was more resilient. so if someone threw punches or tried to stab him they would have trouble causing any harm.  aris could see peoples auras and tell what mood everyone's in. brenda had a better leap, which basically allowed her to jump higher like she was on a trampoline.

finally minho also had enhanced speed and reflexes. if someone threw a ball at him he could catch it without looking. deaton also informed them their healing speeds were faster than that of a normal human. however they should still be wary of any damage taken.

"now for the weaknesses, just like any supernatural creature you all do have your weaknesses"

the group groaned.

"thomas, minho, gally and aris: winter rose water will sting like acid. brenda, frypan, newt: powdered amethyst or garnet will have critical damage to you three if touched. and wolfsbane provides a little resistance, i'll need time to work out why. that's all so goodbye"

they filtered out the building and into two separate cars.  eager to get home. once they arrived back at the house they stared gobsmacked at the destruction before them thomas leapt out the car, slamming the door aggressively and stormed towards the building.  most of the windows had been shattered.

"FUCKING ASSHATS"
he shouted as he assessed the damage. scott's  pack had been there. in any other circumstance someone would have snickered at thomas's language or berated him for actually swearing but the gladers had stony expressions as they followed him out the car.

the mountain ash had been taken away and his house was trashed, thomas kicked open the door harshly, not giving two flying fucks if they were still there, broken glass littered the floor, his couches were ripped to shreds like a puppy had attacked it while their owner was at work, the TV was a pathetic pile of rubble on the floor now. thomas stepped over piles of smashed glasses and plates, seething with rage.

one of the pack members, probably scott, had written on the kitchen wall

come face us if you're not too scared

a meaningless stupid jab but it still irritated thomas and the rest of the gladers.

thomas made his way upstairs, most of it had been left untouched. he opened the door to his room and punched the wall in a burst of rage at the scene, leaving a large dent. they had ripped up all his books and taken his flask. not to mention, like the childish  puppies they are, all his soaps and face washes had been emptied out onto his bathroom floor.

"let's get this shit cleaned up"

he managed, thankful his dad had a night shift. noah would have gone mental at the sight of all this.

-
-

it took four hours to clean all the mess away, they ordered new plates, glasses, doormat (which the pack had pettily ripped up), TV and sofa.  cleaned the writing off the walls, swept up all the loose glass shards, thomas begrudgingly threw away his prizes books now in tatters and they planned to go to the shops first thing in the morning.

"i spent years annotating those books, i loved them"
he confided in newt as they stood over the bin looking sorrowfully down at the torn pages.
newt gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.

"i'm gonna murder scott when i see him"
newt promised making thomas chuckle lightly.

"how do we explain all this missing stuff to your dad?"

minho asked, unsure if the cardboard box they were temporarily  using as a TV would fool the man. thomas shrugged.

"are we gonna fuck the  pack up now?"

gally asked, clearly done with all this shit.

"yes and no. first we're gonna trash their place but infinitely worse and in more creative ways, then we wait for them to cry about it, make our grand entrance, go through the original plan and if they don't let us leave? then we kick the shit out of them. although don't forget, lydia warned us of an attack so we better be wary."

"i really hope they try and stop us"
gally mused.

they filtered off to random beds, thomas had to get creative now that the sofas had turned into what looked like a crime scene.

okay guys tell me if the powers were too OP if not then perfect. if they weren't enough then.... shit.