Chapter 9- Overdue Visitor (Part 2)

[12:07pm Lungmen City Centre, Zhang's Perspective]

Me, Mum and Aunt Talulah have arrived at Lungmen's central park, a place that always seems to be bustling. Not really a surprise, considering it is at the heart of the city.

Many food and souvenir stalls line the edges of the paths offering a wide array of their respective merchandise.

"Zhang, my nephew," Aunt Talulah places a hand on my head. "Would you like a snack?"

"Eh?" I look at her. "I-I was just...observing."

"You don't have to lie to me." She starts wandering towards the stalls. "I'll go get you something. Just stay there, with your mother!"

"No, really I..." I trail off.

Well, whatever, she seems to be happy, so I won't spoil it for her. Mum on the other hand has been very quiet the whole way here.

"Mum, are you alright?" I ask.

She suddenly turns to me and shallowly smiles. "Yes, I'm fine, Zhang. There's no reason to worry."

I'm not entirely convinced, but...remembering what Hoshiguma said, it's probably better I leave it.

"Okay..." I turn around to see Aunt Talulah on her way back over to us.

[12:14pm Lungmen Central Park]

Not too far from Ch'en and co, another individual can be seen 'enjoying' their day off.

(Why have I only been in one chapter so far?) Officer Huang, 3 years on the L.G.D. (More importantly, how can I get Madam Ch'en to notice me?)

He's lost in his thoughts, only walking on autopilot.

He sighs. (I have to know more about her, but she's so privatized and far above my rank...)

Huang continues to walk until something, or rather, someone catches his eye.

(Madam Ch'en?!) He stares for a few seconds, assessing the situation. (And her son, Zhang, and also...who is that?)

He slowly approaches stealthily until he can hear the conversation.

"Here, Zhang." The 'mysterious woman' speaks to Zhang. "And one for you too, Ch'en."

"No, I'm fine." Ch'en replies. "You can have it."

"Great, now YOU'RE lying to me." The silver haired draco exclaims. "Just take it!"

Ch'en sighs and reluctantly takes the box of food.

"See! That wasn't too hard, was it?" The woman smiles smugly at Ch'en.