13 || family stock photos

| CHAPTER THIRTEEN
| family stock photos

| CHAPTER THIRTEEN| family stock photos

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀʀʀɪʟʟᴏ

My Saturday was underwhelming, to say the least. She decided it was a great idea to both hang out with me and her two weird friends, except I was basically just a driver and a chaperone.

"Why take me with you if you barely even talk to me?" I asked her on the way home.

"I'm sorry, alright? But Molly's cousin is flying back home tomorrow so we wanted to say goodbye. It's not that late, maybe we could still catch a movie."

"I'm tired now. And I have to send in my demos tomorrow, so I have to at least try to sleep before midnight."

"Then can't we hang out tomorrow after you send in your demos? Or even just get lunch at Dad's? Please?"

"I don't understand why you're acting like I'm leaving forever. It's just three months and I have tour dates in California right in the middle." I'd had tours a lot longer and further away than this.

"Yeah," she said, resting her head against the window. "That's not the same."

"I know it's not the same, but I'll be back before Christmas. Then things can calm down."

"And then you'll be twenty which is like a solid adult and you'll be tired of living with two old people and a child."

"I won't ever get tired of— wait, that's what this is about?"

My sister sat in the passenger's seat quietly, looking out the window like it was a lot more interesting.

"Trisha."

"If I'd known things would be like this, I would've posted that video a lot later."

The whole reason I had a career in the first place was because she posted videos of me singing in my room, and emailed a bunch of important people in the industry when she was ten.

"How much is a lot?" I asked her.

"Probably the past five years I've missed out on. But to be fair, you probably would've left for college two years ago. Or three? I don't know. I bet you would've been happier."

"I am happy," I said.

"Yeah. For now," she mumbled. I didn't know what to do it say to make her feel better anymore, so I just left it alone.

My Wednesday however, turned out a lot better. Better than expected, maybe.

"I'm not gonna go into detail about it, but it was terrible," Nolan said. He had some kind of dinner yesterday, and I'd called him to ask him about it. He seemed to be a lot more comfortable around me, and he told me a lot more, though clearly not everything. But I didn't expect him to, which he seemed to appreciate. "We played Truth or Dare, but with only Truths."