29 || no questions asked

| CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
| no questions asked

| CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE| no questions asked

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀʀʀɪʟʟᴏ

Things already went to shit on the drive to the airport. Mason called me, and the first thing he said was 'what have you done', followed by a frustrated sigh. I had never felt more belittled than I had in that moment, and I got angry.

"I did what I should've done two months ago," I said. "Fuck, I shouldn't have signed with Stellar at all. All this shit is killing me, Mason."

"This is killing you? You? What you did cost people their lives for the next two months, Oakley. This cost me... this was a mistake."

"You were the one forcing me in the first place. Had you talked to me then maybe you wouldn't be counting on me and you would've been fine."

He let out a bitter laugh. "Yeah, well, you really have proven yourself unreliable. Your label is not going to let this slide, Kid."

"I'm not a kid, I'm an adult making a decision that's supposed to be good for me."

"You should've just..." He didn't finish the sentence. He instead swore under his breath for a solid two minutes before continuing. "This isn't just a problem now. You have screwed yourself over. This will not have a quick fix, Oakley. They will see this as a threat."

"A threat? A war on my availability? Really?"

"I have a meeting with the higher up's tomorrow and I'll try to fix the damage. Until then, you do not post anything. You do not do interviews. You stay put. You understand me?"

"Fine, whatever," I said, ending the call with a sigh. I grabbed one of Nolan's cookies. Since I still had a bunch left, I decided to share with the rest of the band. Although they were better when he had just freshly given them to me, everyone seemed to love them.

"So what did he say?" Danny asked.

"He'll try and 'fix the damage' with the label."

Danny shook his head in disappointment. "He's the reason you're now in trouble with the label."

"About that, how much trouble do you think I could be in?"

"Best case scenario, they want a few new songs. Worst case scenario... I don't know. They don't promote your music anymore?"

Maurice opened his curtain, looking at us with a look in his eyes that told me Danny was wrong. "If they're really pissed about this, you're gonna be in deep fucking shit."