19 || I'm sure now

| CHAPTER NINETEEN
| I'm sure now

| CHAPTER NINETEEN| I'm sure now

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀʀʀɪʟʟᴏ

I could tell something was off the moment I got out of my bathroom to take a shower. I couldn't tell what it was for the longest time, but when I walked down the stairs, I finally realized I hadn't heard either of my parents leave the house this morning. I figured my mom would just be working from home, but my dad, however, couldn't exactly do that.

When I finally did get into the living room, both my parents were seated on the couch, watching an old movie on the somewhat neglected TV.

"Where are you going?" my mom asked, turning her gaze away from the TV slowly. My dad looked up at me too, his eyebrows raised like he hadn't expected to see me, even though I very much still lived here.

I paused, still processing the fact that they were casually watching the TV with no care in the world. I only realized I still had to answer my mom's question once she spoke again. "Well?"

"Nolan's place," I said. "Why?"

"We're having dinner together today."

"Oh," I said, my eyebrows drawn together. I didn't know about this family dinner. "But Trisha isn't home."

She had called out a very loud 'I'm going, bye' that morning, and slammed the door shut.

"She said she'd be home by dinner," my dad said.

"Oh. Alright. Then I'll be home by then as well." I continued walking, but was stopped as my dad had yet another question.

"Do we know this kid?" He seemed just as puzzled as before. My dad did know quite a lot of my friends, mostly back in high school when I would take them to the restaurant occasionally. He didn't know Nolan though. I didn't even remember ever mentioning him to either of my parents.

"Nope. He's an actor. The one in Gen's video. You've seen it, right?"

My mom nodded and smiled. "Ah, he's Bradley Mullen's, isn't he?"

My dad nodded, recognizing the name and putting those pieces of information together.

"When are taking him to the restaurant?"

"I took him the other day but the new girl helped us. Didn't want to stress her out," I said, leaving out the part where I didn't want to stress Nolan out as well. I leaned over the back of the couch so my legs could rest a little. "Also I think Marla was in charge that day. Oh, and I invited him over the other day but you were both at work."