21|| anything for you

| CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
| anything for you

| CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE| anything for you

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀʀʀɪʟʟᴏ

My family looked at me as I walked in the room, trying to suppress the corners of my mouth from turning upwards too much.

"I'm sorry I'm late."

"How was your day?" my mom asked, ignoring my apology completely.

"It was fine," I said. "Good. It was good. We baked cookies. Or well, I guess he did," I said, placing said cookies down on the kitchen counter. "And then we just sat around and talked a lot."

And we kissed, and it was exactly what everyone described it should be. Sparks. And I was still feeling the after-effects. It was like my first concert. Fuck.

"Stop standing there like a crazy person," Trisha said, kicking the empty chair across from her, indicating for me to sit.

"Right," I said. Sitting down.

"You baked?" my dad asked, just having finished chewing his food.

"He baked. Best cookies in the world. Sorry, Dad."

My dad looked at the cookies through the glass, inspecting them.

"They do look prettier than yours," my mom said, tapping him on the shoulder. Trisha nodded in response. My dad didn't react, though. He seemed way too impressed by the absolute beauty of them.

"Wait till you try them," I said.

It wasn't until after dinner that Trisha seemed to suddenly need me for everything.

"Can you drive me to school tomorrow?" she asked first. Surely I said yes, I had to be somewhere in the morning anyway. "Can you also pick me up after?" she then asked, to which I also said yes, since I figured we could grab something to eat afterward. She had a different idea, though. "Can you also drive me to the beach then?"

"The beach?" I asked her, confused as to why.

"Yeah, I was just gonna go to the beach with Molly and Sam."

"Who the fuck is Sam?"

"This girl Molly likes. Last time we went to the beach you didn't ask this many questions."

"Then why are you gonna be there?"

"Because she's nervous. Can you drive me or not?"